logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Len56  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 2:42:35 PM(UTC)
Len56

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
First off here is some information on my equipment being used for vMix:
Blackmagic ATEM TVS (Now redundant due to now using the YUAN SC510 N4 HDMI Card)
YUAN SC510 N4 HDMI Card
Blackmagic Intensity Pro Card
Apple Macbook Pro Retina
Two HD Cameras

Last week I bought the YUAN SC510 N4 HDMI Card from Karsten at INNOMEDIA so I could use two cameras and my Macbook Pro Retina within vMix, the two cameras work perfectly in vMix but my Macbook Pro Retina won't work, in vMix it shows a black screen with the words HDCP on it which means "High Definition Copy Protection" but in the YUAN Demo programme the Macbook shows up perfectly, (I have been in contact with Karsten at INNOMEDIA about this problem he is looking into it for me).
So to get around this problem I thought I would use my Intensity Pro Card to input my Macbook into vMix and that works perfectly.

Now comes the problem, I want to use vMix's External Output Renderer with my Intensity Pro Card to record to my now redundant ATEM TVS to another PC or Macbook via USB and Blackmagic Media Express.

This is how I am setting up in vMix:
I go to add input, then add a camera, then I can add one of three drivers the Blackmagic WDM Capture, Decklink Video Capture or Intensity Pro 1 drivers, after adding one of the drivers I can see my Macbook, then I setup the External Output to the Intensity Pro Card, then I click on the External button and I get this error see attached Picture:

So my question, is there any way to use the input and output of the Blackmagic Intensity Pro Card at the same time?

Edit: one thing I forgot to add was, when deleting the Intensity Pro input I can then click on the External button and then my ATEM TVS sees it and there is no error.
Len56 attached the following image(s):
vMix Error Code.jpg (32kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
pinkimp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 4:06:41 PM(UTC)
pinkimp

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Out of interest, how are you using the PCI cards on your MBP?

One thing you'll learn is BM software sucks. It's too specific to justify the price vs hassle factor. We've had a ton of issues with their cap cards.

Moving on, you need to ensure the input/output settings in the BM software control are setup correctly and that the resolution and frame-rate is identical to that of vMix and your input sources.

As far as I can tell, the BMI should be able to do input and output so I would wager a bet on a resolution or framerate mismatch which is what is causing the error.

Unfortunately, a lot of the time these things tend to be hit and miss. Sometimes our Decklinks will work, sometimes not. You're better off investing in other brands for reliability and support. Magewell has been pretty effortless to setup and rely on in my experience, within a reasonable price range.
thanks 1 user thanked pinkimp for this useful post.
PFBM on 2/21/2015(UTC)
Len56  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 11:15:49 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Before I had the YUAN card I was inputting my cameras and the macbook into the ATEM TVS then I took a HDMI cable out of programme output of the TVS into the input of the Intensity Pro Card and then I would add the Intensity Pro Card into vMix, I would then use the TVS to switch the cameras and macbook, the reason I bought the YUAN card was so I could have separate inputs for my cameras and macbook because if I setup a virtual set in vMix for the cameras that would work but if I changed to my macbook the macbook would come up in the virtual set, I will have a presenter and he/she will be using the macbook to run powerpoint presentations, videos and websites.

Yes I must agree Blackmagic stuff is very expensive but I have had no problems with this equipment, it does what it says on the tin.

Yes the Blackmagic control panel and vMix is set to 1080i 50 1920X1080 see attached pic below:

I did look at the Magewell cards but they were a bit pricy for me thats why I went with the YUAN card I think I got a good deal on that.
Len56 attached the following image(s):
vmix pic1.jpg (129kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Damn2Good4U  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 10:20:38 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Len56 wrote:

So my question, is there any way to use the input and output of the Blackmagic Intensity Pro Card at the same time?

As far as i know you cannot do both input and output on the BM intensity pro at the same time... Its either of the two... at once
thanks 1 user thanked Damn2Good4U for this useful post.
Len56 on 2/23/2015(UTC)
Thremir  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 10:26:28 PM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Len56 wrote:

Edit: one thing I forgot to add was, when deleting the Intensity Pro input I can then click on the External button and then my ATEM TVS sees it and there is no error.

You are indeed right with the source of your problem; an Intensity pro can only be used as an input OR an output, just like a Decklink Duo can be used for e.g. one input and one output OR two in/outputs simultaneously. This is by design, and if you want more in/outputs I would recommend that you buy either a DeckLink Mini Monitor/Recorder, or another Intensity Pro if you want more flexibility, just make sure your motherboard has enough PCI-e lanes, and not just the physical specs :)

I run off a z97 motherboard with 3 Intensity Pros and soon upgrading to 2x Decklink Duos, love BM's products!

Good luck on your setup,
Håvard
thanks 1 user thanked Thremir for this useful post.
Len56 on 2/23/2015(UTC)
Len56  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 11:37:06 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Thank you everyone,

You have answered my question to my problem, I will have to wait for Karsten to get back to me to see if my YUAN card will have any update firmware to fix the HDCP problem.

Thank you again.

Len.