logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Beloved  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 10:12:53 AM(UTC)
Beloved

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm building another vMix computer and had hoped some of you could comment on the latest and greatest graphic cards. I'm new to this graphic card game but it appears from the study I've done that the power of these things has tripled over the past year or so, at least since the last time I built a vMix machine. Looking under supported hardware tab on the vMix site it indicates NVIDIA 760 2GB to the one to buy. But I've found many with this partculiar CUDA rating nearing 3000 and other cards I've seen seem to call CUDA something else, I believe they call it processing streams. Help a brother out, my head is spinning and my pocket book wailing on what to get that would work best with vMix now and perhaps in a future 4k setup that is way off in the distance, the best bang for the buck.

What's the key spec to target when selecting a graphics card? Kudos to Cuda's? Most of them support the Direct X standard and many of the more pricing ones use Direct X versions greater than 10.

Thank you for your support and sharing your thoughts on this ever present issue.

beloved

http://tgbn.tv
pinkimp  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 10:20:45 AM(UTC)
pinkimp

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Depends on your budget really.

CUDA basically allows for the GPU to be used for things like hardware acceleration of video decoding and encoding, to my understanding. CUDA is specific to Nvidia cards.

I would recommend the GTX 980 4GB or GeForce GTX TITAN - perhaps overkill but it will be quite future-proofed.
Beloved  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 10:09:56 PM(UTC)
Beloved

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Those are some stellar choices and going all out is a viable option. I had hoped to keep my budget somewhere in the $300 range. If any of your guys hear of a sweetheart deal give a shout out with a hookup link. Thanks again!

Beloved