logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dody  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 1:53:55 AM(UTC)
Dody

Groups: Registered

Hello

Need the advice about securing license.
Since our license key could be seen by everybody who operated the computer.
So somebody can 'steal' the license, because they only need enter the license key in the activation page.
I suggest, ( or I need ) vMix should protect more with adding email and password verification to check and verify
any hardware change. It should be never been migrated without email verification.

Thank a lot before.

Dody
Ittaidv  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 7:08:17 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Groups: Registered
Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Dody wrote:
Hello

Need the advice about securing license.
Since our license key could be seen by everybody who operated the computer.
So somebody can 'steal' the license, because they only need enter the license key in the activation page.
I suggest, ( or I need ) vMix should protect more with adding email and password verification to check and verify
any hardware change. It should be never been migrated without email verification.

Thank a lot before.

Dody

I assume your license is tied to the emailadress that you used when purchasing. Personally I'm against too much protection. Protection can be annoying and time consuming. If someone would steal your license key you should be able to make it invalid using the same emailadress. If Vmix detectes hardware changes, you could be sent an email, so you can always check that it's you that installed the software. If not you could send an email back to make the key invalid.

For example: I once had to swap out a broken SSD during a captation. It now took me 15 minutes to do this, the key was still filled in. I can't imagine the hassle it would have taken to find back the password that I would offcourse have forgotten already.

My motto : KISS (keep it stupid and simple)