logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jkmakela  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:24:35 AM(UTC)
jkmakela

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This version works very well and can be used fine even though it is beta. The following instant replay things could be better / possible bugs / drafts. Many of those are addressed also by others and probably many of those are just draft versions. This was not a real action field test.

1. in and out transition time ? How to set

2. -5, -10, -20 buttons (or rather shortcuts) should always capture the live-event. If I am trimming past event in "off live" mode even then the mentioned buttons should only capture the live event. This is important because otherwise it is difficult to find the in point later.

3. Now always one angle, tick, have to be selected in event. This means that you have to tick another angle before you can remove the tick from the first angle. One unnecessary mouse click to do.

4. Maybe shortcuts for the angles? Starting situation should probably be "no angles" selected and last event selected if not another event selected by the operator. Then operator decides which angles to use by clicking short cuts for angles 1,2,3,4. Order of the angles played should be same as the order operator pressed the shortcuts. Usually the best angle will be showed first and others if we have still time. The selectable order for angles is important.

5. Possibility to make selections, ticks, during replay?

6. Now it is not very obvious what angle is playing, must check from the top of the page the green bar and also the orange row. Better could be hot red rectangle behind the angle name? Not a major problem.

7. During replay rotating ShuttlePro inner circle turning wheel moves the control into manual finger mode. This is great! It would be nice if touching the outer circle (jog) again would move the replay back to normal speed or to the speed which was selected before the inner circle was turned. Now operator have to use the finger rotating in order to finish the replay?

8. Replay player stays on when transition to live has been made via normal crosspoint shortcuts or buttons. Must be deselected from "play events " button.

9. Obvious sign, color or something missing when pressing the -5s etc. buttons or shortcut in single user mode. So that operator can see that the hit is recognized by vmix.

10. May be little confusing that the A and B is not always the same as those in operator's window, but I am not used to other replay softwares so I believe there must be some kind of point in that. Maybe will find out it in real action. Could those be user selectable?

11. Maybe Live mode could go automatically off when selecting an event to trim?

12. Replay speed should be visible better. Large font somewhere near monitors with percentage value, probably color change when in normal speed like now the 100% button turns to green?

13. There is shortcuts to select previous or next event but when nothing is selected you have to use mouse to select some event in order to get into the list and start using those shortcuts. Maybe some event, last, always active?

14. As a preset, mouse wheel always change the replay speed, what ever you are doing. No need to, because we use shuttle.

15. Was there any other midi-like keyboard at the moment which could be used for shortcuts at the same time with shuttle? Not the same shortcuts. We use vmix midi mapper (third party) but it has to be started separately and support for latest shortcuts are missing.

16. Statistics show 1-2 frames dropped in replay recording folder per replay. No dropped frames if no replay. Hundreds of dropped frames when scrolling the recorded file back and forth. Drive is SSD 1TB Samsung Evo. Recording Bitrate 100. Should it be raid? Lowering the bitrate to 25 does not make difference. BUT I have not noticed that there is frames missing in any angle when I replay the recording which was live during trimming. Maybe bug in statistics?

Test settings: BMD Quad, 4 cameras connected 1080 50i, BMD Minimonitor external display hdmi 1080 50i. For replay recording SSD 1TB Samsung Evo. One monitor for desktop view connected to GPU.

Processor load during recording 20%, during replay 30%.
Render time during recording 3 ms, during replay 15 ms.
Recording bitrate 100.

Rinsky  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:57:22 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I second almost everything you said and want to add something too:

Quote:
6. Now it is not very obvious what angle is playing, must check from the top of the page the green bar and also the orange row. Better could be hot red rectangle behind the angle name? Not a major problem.

Please change your entire "timeline/loading bar" system back to the one you used in the first Instant Replay version and also include the different camera angles somehow. It was a lot easier to see which event was playing.

Quote:
10. May be little confusing that the A and B is not always the same as those in operator's window, but I am not used to other replay softwares so I believe there must be some kind of point in that. Maybe will find out it in real action. Could those be user selectable?

I also think that it should always show the same videos. Being able to watch two different events/timelines at the same time should be something that is possible when the replay channels can be used as two independant channels (in the far future), but it should always show the same video in the Instat Replay Controller and the normal input interface, but then there needs to be a "Create event from live" button. Otherwise it's just too complicated.

I would also like that the video gets paused (while holding left mouse button down) when I adjust the in and out points of an event and I still think that the mouse wheel is not suitable for changing the playback speed, because normally the mouse wheel is something you would scroll your screen and I don't want to change the speeed accidentally when I just want to scroll through my inputs.