logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:38:13 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Today we produced FanTV for our local hockey team and wanted to use the new instant replay system for it.

We have 4x1080i video sources and a 1280x1024 videowall. With the video delay system we cropped the left and right part of the videos and just used the middle part for the videowall, but unfortunately that's not possible with instant replay, because we can't change the aspect ratio of the two replay channels, it just stays the same - it squeezes the 16:9 video into the 4:3 window.

There is also still a problem with the new "Use Source Settings" in the color adjust options. It now works like a charm with video delay, but I encountered threeproblems when using it.
When using "Use Source Settings" two of my four camera inputs began to flicker in the replay channels, the other two worked like they should.

When I unticked it, I wasn't able to change the colors for every camera angle seperately, camera angle 1 was also changed when I adjusted the white balance in angle.

Unfortunately the "Auto white balance" function is not usable in in the replay channels, because I only see a black screen when I click the button.

Those flaws made the instant replay system unsuitable for our production today. We used the video delay again (which seems to work faster since the latest update),but hope that we can use the new system for our purpose after the next update.

Regards,
Patrick
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:57:31 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi Patrick,

When the Use Source Settings is unticked in Instant Replay you can only set colour correction settings for all cameras,
so best to keep it ticked and use the camera source itself to change the settings.

It won't be possible to set each angle separately in Instant Replay itself as that is just too confusing to manage.

As for the flicker, can you describe in more detail? What graphics card are you using?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Rinsky  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 10:25:31 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

I'm using a Geforce GTX 760 and the video signals are captured with two decklink quads. Well, I don't know how to describe it, it just flickers very fast.

I just remembered that I was using the camera sources 1 and 2 from the first deckling quad and the other two were from the second quad cards (the ones that are flickering), could there be a problem with using camera sources from two different decklink quads and setting them to "Use Source Settings"?
Rinsky  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:26:37 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

I think the problem occurs when the color is completely different adjusted on one input and you grab the the color settings for your replay channels with "Use source settings".

If I adjust the color within the replay channel it doesn't flicker at all, so there still seems to be a bug with the "Use source settings" option.
Rinsky  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2015 7:03:44 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

I can also reproduce this problem with only 2 replay inputs, so it might not be a graphics card performance issue.
Rinsky  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 10:12:22 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

I just tested the vmix 15 preview version and it's now possible to change the aspect ration on the replay channels, but the flickering when using source settings (when white balance is adjusted within vmix) is still there.
admin  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 10:40:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Could you create a short recording showing the flicker and email it along with the preset file to info@vmix.com.au

Thanks
admin  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 5:19:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for sending through the info.

I have found the bug (hopefully) and a fix can be found in version 15.0.0.58 which is found below:
http://www.vmixhd.com/download/vmix15preview.exe
Rinsky  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:54:22 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Good work Martin!

It works now flawlessly, thanks.