logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jkmakela  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 9:28:36 AM(UTC)
jkmakela

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello, is this possible bug? In my case what ever I do the replay plays always the same file which I have not selected. The recording is at the beginning of the session when I have pressed the record button to star the replay recording. If I now push the 5s. button and then "play last clip" button, vmix always plays the mentioned file first (which has no end) and with the second hit to "play last clip" it will play the file it was supposed to play.
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 10:43:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Sorry, can you explain in more detail?

If you click the -5 button it will create a replay of the past 5 seconds.
So when you click the replay button (circular arrow with play) it will play that replay you just created.
jkmakela  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 11:08:21 AM(UTC)
jkmakela

Like that it should work, but it does not. It puts the background recording to the output from the beginning. And with beginning I mean the moment I have set up the vmix session and I have pushed the round record button. If I now hit the "auto play last event" second time then the last 5s or 10s will show in output. At the first place I have live camera in output.

Setup: 1080 50i, two cameras connected, Decklink quad, (also matrox installers present but no v4 card), ssd 1TB for replay, ShutlleProv2. Vmix15.0.0.35. Win 8 pro 64.

I did not uninstalled the 14 before I installed 15. 15 deleted the 14.
admin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 11:13:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

How have you setup the cameras in replay settings?
If you set one of them to "Output" it will show whatever is in output, including the replay.

Also, when you click record for the first time that is when the recording starts, it is not possible to replay anything before that time.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
jkmakela  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 12:41:15 PM(UTC)
jkmakela

My english is probably confusing. I will install 15 into another computer (laptop) and double check that there is no user error. If it works fine in laptop and thunderbolt capture the problem is in our rack pc setup.
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 12:53:27 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
I have experienced similar behaviour.
I attributed it to timing...
i.e. Hitting the play event button too soon after creating the event and not allowing enough processing time, and since I am not up to recommended specs I did not bring it up.

Ice
jkmakela  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:11:58 PM(UTC)
jkmakela

Not user error - tested.

Now I tested with other setup (bootcamp macbook pro 2013 ssd, win 8 pro, ultra studio mini recorder, one camera connected 1080 50i )

Vmix setup 108050i, no external display or recorder, just instant replay an one camera.

"5 sec" button and "auto play last event" replay works now just it should. So it is not user error in this case.

ICE: I hit the "auto play last event" button about 2 sec after hitting the "5 sec" button and there is no problem in this mac book pro setup. This mac setup is much slower and lower end than the previously tested rack pc setup with three ssd drives, and fast graphics card and processor.

Otherway round: if I hit "auto play last event" in this rack pc setup after 30 minutes hitting "5 sec" button it still puts the hole background recording to the output starting at the beginning of the file.

With background recording I mean the file the vmix starts to record when you hit the round record button in instant replay UI. And yes I have pressed this rec button when I setup the vmix and I understand just like in video delay that no replays can not be shown if recording is not started in the first place.

In this time I uninstalled 14 before installing 15.

Does any body else has the same problem?
jkmakela  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:15:48 AM(UTC)
jkmakela

Problem solved. I installed the vmix 15 into a new folder and now it works as it should. Removing the 14 via windows control panel does not delete all the vmix preset files and new vmix will found those files if installed in the same folder as the old one. This seems to be the reason for the weird problems. At the first place I forgot to remove 14 before installing 15, this may be part of the problem also.
butternut  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 10:45:34 PM(UTC)
butternut

I am having same issue, no matter which way you start replay(double click, or play button) it starts from the beginning of record file. I had this problem and uninstalled version 15 then reinstalled on separate drive and it solved the problem temporarily but now it's doing the same thing again. Every time it starts the replay from the beginning of recording. If I double click the file a 2nd time it plays as it's supposed to but does not transition back to camera. Any ideas?
butternut  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 4:50:51 PM(UTC)
butternut

Just downloaded the update, version 16, and it seems to have solved the problem. Will commence testing to make sure.
butternut  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 12:38:36 PM(UTC)
butternut

It only solved problem for a short period. Anyone experiencing similar problems, not matter how I hit play on replay file it goes to the first recorded event in that particular session. The 2nd time you hit play it does start and play replay, it does not transition back to main camera. I have installed all updates and no change. If you take it out of live it actually goes back to previously recorded file, but I can start replay by hitting play button or double clicking a 2nd time. Help
admin  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 1:01:48 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

What happens when you click an even in the list?
It should highlight orange and queue up the first frame, playback should then continue on from there when you click Play Events.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
butternut  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:28:08 PM(UTC)
butternut

it continues to show the cameras. Using 2 cameras and it shows both in replay when it's live. when you take it off record it actually shows something I recorded about a month ago.
admin  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 9:50:08 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Can you confirm it is actually recording correctly? What sort of capture card are you using with it?
butternut  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 8:10:34 AM(UTC)
butternut

yes it records fine, the system works fine, except. When you hit play it plays the very first of the record file. the 2nd time it plays the replay correctly. Aver capture cards in PC, all hardware specs have been met, separate terabyte hard drive for replay recording. No problem with recording it's just playback, I have to hit play button twice to get the replay to play.

1st time it plays the very beginning of record file

2nd time plays replay properly

does not transition back to camera
butternut  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 7:22:55 PM(UTC)
butternut

any help here, I've downloads updates and still I have to hit play twice each time to get it to play the replay.
admin  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:43:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

Are you able to do a small screen recording demonstrating the bug and upload it to YouTube or email it to us directly?
I am unable to recreate it here, so seeing a screen recording should help isolate what might be different in your particular setup.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
jkmakela  
#18 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 5:15:46 AM(UTC)
jkmakela

I am experiencing similar issue right now with 16. I installed in different folder as it previously solved the problem but no help at this time. I updated to win10 and same time also from 15 to 16. Black magick quad, 1080 50i four cameras.
admin  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 9:47:18 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

Can you check in the Input Settings (the small cog icon underneath the Replay A or B inputs, not the main replay cog icon)
and see if "Automatically Restart with transition" is ticked. As this will cause this behaviour as it
restarts to 0 before transitioning.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
butternut  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 11:50:14 PM(UTC)
butternut

Thanks to Martin I resolved this problem. You go into general settings for Replay input A, you must uncheck Automatically Restart with Transition. I have my general settings configured so this is automatically selected for each input. When I unchecked this box replay worked perfectly. Thanks Martin.