logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 12:26:51 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
When working as a single Vmix & Replay guy, I would probably use the -5, -10 shortcuts a lot to create replay events. They are sometimes too long or too short and therefore there is a need to adjust them a little.

It would be very useful to actually see where I set the new in/out point of the event. Right now I can only guess the right point when adjusting it with the mouse. It should rewind the video in the designated replay channel when I click on an event and scroll the in and out points back.
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 4:48:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Ok, let's get everybody's input on the best way for this to work.

How about:

Select event (one click) - move display position to In Point
Drag In Point - display position moves to follow new In Point
Drag Out Point - display position moves to follow new Out Point, moves back to In Point when drag complete.
Double click - begin playing event automatically.

The events list would then be disabled when any playback is in progress to prevent accidental clicks messing up playback.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Rinsky  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 6:34:04 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Sounds good, but how about using the scroll wheel instead of dragging the numbers from left to right?

The scroll wheel is designated to the playback speed right now, but I'd rather have shortcuts to control the playback speed (25, 33, 50, 75, 100% and +/- for 10% steps).

I think it would be easier to adjust the in/out points by hovering over the timestamp and scroll with the wheel in 0,1 seconds steps.

But maybe it's just me.

Are there any other opinions on this topic?
Kelvin  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 9:50:55 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I have found myself trying to use the scroll wheel on the mouse to move the frames forward or backward. I like that idea. Also, possibly use the Mark In and Mark Out functionality thats built in to the List Module. Right-clicking on the ruler at the bottom of the video brings up the quick menu.
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 11:35:45 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Martin

Perhaps I need some clarification on the descriptive terms.
When you say "display position" are you referring to the "playhead" position on the timeline at the bottom of the interface window?
Or along the "time code" playback indicator on the event line (orange timeline)?
If you mean the main timeline at the bottom, the biggest issue I see with that is that, unlike a short video clip, the "time line" of the replay interface is too broad to accurately find the right spot.
Similarly, when playing the new replay clips, you cannot tell their duration under the Program Output display but must instead refer to the orange timeline in the replay interface window.
Being able to scrub the orange time line and mark your points, in much the same way as you can with the mark In and Out points on saved video delay clips, I think would work better as it gives a more delineated indication of the actual timing.

One of the problems I have with the current set-up is that the option to play the clip from every angle desperately needs this ability to quickly adjust in and out points.
As Rinsky alludes to, a 10 second clip played back at 50% from 3 different views amounts to 1 minute when I really only have a 15 to 20 second window to show a replay. The objective would be to narrow it down to the 3 or 4 seconds within that 10 second clip that are relevant and play them back to back.
(also, not sure if it's a glitch or an error in my set up, but choosing that option recorded and played all 4 views even though I only had 2 cameras set up)

Ice
jmpaoli  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 6:28:45 AM(UTC)
jmpaoli

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Wao I am speechless at the work,
I spent the night test the features and I think at NAB you is bringing you many new enemies.
For my part I will organize in Paris a statement late February for a few broadcaster specializing in sports events that should more than seduced beings.
Yet all my congratulations Martin !!!