logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ber142  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:12:25 PM(UTC)
ber142

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,

First of all, what a amazing work!

I am especially focused on operating vMix by 2 users. One guy for the "normal" cueing work and one guy for producing the replays.

With dual screen, two keyboards (or ShuttlePro) and the new replay controller this can be achieved. Very nice!

However, if I put the replay controller on the second screen, the "replay guy" has to watch the first screen to see what happens in the replay inputs. Is it possible (via an option) to make the 2 replay inputs also visible on the secondscreen (in the replay controller)?

I don't expect inputs in a large format, just to monitor.

An alternative is to put the MultiView on the secondscreen together with the replay controller. But I think that's not the perfect solution, since the format of the MultiView is fixed (and generates probably more overhead for this specific purpose).

Regards, Hanno.
Rinsky  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:59:09 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
The replay controller window should absolutely include the replay inputs and maybe also some live inputs, so that the replay guy always sees what's going on, on each camera input.
HighViewSport  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 12:38:25 AM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
WOW is all I can say. This replay system is absolutely amazing Martin. I am blown away.

I agree with the above comments. I will be using vmix replay with a separate monitor and operator who needs to see all four inputs as well and replay A window and replay B window. I would think the replay A & B windows need to be same size as Preview & Program but we can get away with smaller windows for each of the four camera inputs. These all need to be on the un docked replay interface screen.

If processing power is an issue then I may have to look at a separate PC to run only replays but hopefully not!

Is there anyway to say mork an out point then use say the jog dial on contour controller to quickly wind backwards to find the exact in point rather they preset times like -5, -10 etc?

Also how do I change the event in and out points? I'm thinking to set a -20 sec clip each time for a replay but then edit each of those event clips to the exact in and out points that I may want

Great great stuff Martin. Just brilliant and totally worth the wait!!!

Bryan

Rinsky  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 1:58:52 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hi Bryan,

you have to click on the numbers and then go left or right with the mouse to edit the mark in/out points, but it's still very hard to find the right points because you can't see the scrolling in the video.

I already posted a feature request for that problem.
admin  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 9:45:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
I'm working on adding the A/B inputs and the four previews (half the size) to the top of the replay controller when used separately.
Keep in mind though, that good performance is only going to be possible on Windows 8.1, as Windows 7 still struggles with rendering
to multiple displays at once.

(Fullscreen is an exception to this rule as a lot of optimisation went into that unfortunately can't be used with Instant Replay)

HighViewSport  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 3:25:51 PM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thanks Martin. Is vMix 15 replays windows 10 compatible?
I use windows 7 now which works great but guess I need to update.

Looks like Microsoft lets windows 7 users upgrade straight to 10 if user want too.
May as well go straight to 10 if rather than 2 installs.

Cheers
admin  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 4:03:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Yes, Windows 10 will be supported upon its final release but in the technical preview stage
best to stick to Windows 8.1.
IceStream  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 6:59:45 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Congrats Martin on all the work you've done so far!
Obviously, a lot of thought and effort has already gone into this.
I'm not sure what is possible, but undoubtedly, a 'Replay Operator' needs to be able to see what he is doing and work independently from the main interface.

Is it feasible that when the Replay Main Interface is activated (pop out window), it takes the two replay Inputs with it (kind of like the Audio Mixer)?
I don't see the need for them to be on the "input" row if they can be monitored and controlled from another window.
(Again, I'm not sure if this is possible but simply postulating the scenario if it would ease any performance issues related to having the inputs display in the Replay main interface).

I am still trying to get a handle on the workflow and find it quite overwhelming and confusing at this point, there is certainly a lot to learn.
A Demo of some sort would definitely help to illustrate the various features and reasoning behind the workflow if that is at all possible.

Ice