logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VicxRO  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:20:15 AM(UTC)
VicxRO

Groups: Registered

Hi, obviously I'm a newbie and I need some help.

I have a problem with vmix. I would like to know how can I control the volume of the clips inserted in vmix. When I click on the mixer button the video clip's track is frozen. Therefore, I can't handle with the clip's volume.

Only when I insert the volume track of the video captures works (the audio device is the sound card of my computer connected to an audio mixer.)

admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:33:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4159 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Hi,

Can you describe what you mean by the video clips track is frozen in the mixer?
The mixer is the correct way to adjust the volume if the video clips audio format is supported by windows.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
VicxRO  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:55:39 AM(UTC)
VicxRO

When I play a video clip in vmix it doesn't appear anything on those two volume tracks from the middle of the screen (you know, where it should appear those green waves). It looks like the video wouldn't have sound, although I can hear it and it is recorded. The same is when I click on that mixer button, where you should be able to mix the volumes. In that mixer window if I try to lower the volume the sound is muted.

And this doesn't happen when I play the video capture from my camera. In this case everything is ok. I would like to mention that when I add the video capture I choose as sound device the soundboard of my computer. I don't know if this makes any difference.
VicxRO  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:10:15 AM(UTC)
VicxRO

Scuse me, I can be more specific now. I figured out that only when I try to play flash videos, flv format, it occures that problem. So, why does this happen?
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:33:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

Are you using the latest version of vMix (2012 v2) ?
The latest version fixes this issue with flash audio.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
VicxRO  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:31:30 AM(UTC)
VicxRO

Yes, I have the vMix 2012 v2. So, the problem with the FLV files is that I can't control the volume in vmix, therefore I don't know if the sound is too loud or too low.

And I have one more question, if you can help me - Is a limit for the inputs you add in vmix? I ask you this because I can't add a big number of pictures, like 20-30, or more videos. If I want to add more inputs I have to close some of them.
admin  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:36:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Do you mean the audio level meter in the Mixer not the actual volume control itself?
If so, Adobe Flash does not provide the ability to monitor the audio level so vMix can't display it.

There is no input limit on the vMix HD and SD edition licenses. Only the Basic HD and Basic Editions have an input limit.
VicxRO  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:21:32 AM(UTC)
VicxRO

Yes, I mean the audio meter from vmix, which doesn't display the volume of the FLV. But in this case I can't control the volume, whatever I try.

Thank for your response. Now I use a free edition, and I can use it for another 30 days, but I want to decide upon one version and to buy it.

Another issue would be the output format. I use a lot the FLV because I make videos for a website. I saw that vmix doesn't have this output. So I have to use the Adobe Flash Encoder, but I saw that the video loses from its quality when connect the Adobe Encoder to the vmix.
VicxRO  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:00:23 AM(UTC)
VicxRO

The problem with the quality of the video should be solved with a HDMI compatible tv tunner/capture card. Thank you very much for your responses.