logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gripreality  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 4:58:04 PM(UTC)
gripreality

Groups: Registered

I am looking for API / Dev. Documentation. to help write some tools we need for our system. We are currently using vMix to run our webTV station but need the ability to script out programming. The work I have seen on here regarding the vMixScheduler is great, but it still lacks some of the functionality we need for our system.

My primary background is in python, so the http:// based API commands are a bit new to me. I can learn quickly from example so if someone can give me some example code that is a bit beyond just switching a feed I should be able to hack that for starters. The main snippets I need just to hack together our system is a Create NewInput script that lets me automate the creation of Inputs, a snippet that lets me cue overlays, and a snippet that lets me cue audio layers audio only.

If we need to sign an NDA of sorts to get access to the documentation please PM me and we are happy to go that route.

-Louis
ask  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 5:33:51 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I assume you have all ready read this in the help? http://www.vmixhd.com/help14/DeveloperAPI.html
gripreality  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 6:10:42 PM(UTC)
gripreality

Yes, that is where I found the "Fade" example in which I was referring. Are there any other official documents with API related code?
ask  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 7:23:18 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
That is where Martin makes API documentation available. For most users this has been sufficient. Perhaps a more formal/complete document could be compiled at some stage. I am certain that he would appreciate a hand to do this if your are willing.
gazreyn  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2015 7:49:33 AM(UTC)
gazreyn

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I think trial and error has worked best for me in the past. Most of it's pretty self explanatory I believe and mostly all of the functions follow the same format.
gripreality  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 5:12:12 AM(UTC)
gripreality

Fair enough. I got my problem fixed enough to get by. But I would love to be able to create a Capture type using the API, any help? If I create a python lib would people be interested?