logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DYosua  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 11:09:37 PM(UTC)
DYosua

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Inspired by this thread, I am wondering if there is a way to overwrite an Overlay's assigned effect when the overlay is previewed via right-clicking. Currently, when a transition button is pushed and an overlay is on preview, the preview layer uses the transition that was clicked and the overlay uses its own transition (the one that is assigned in the "Overlay Settings" window). This can look disjointed, say, when an overlay channel effect is set to fade in across 500 ms but the transition that was clicked was a 750 ms wipe. Since the intent of having the overlay previewed is to have it appear with the preview effect, it would be nice if we could select which transition effect to use.

My proposal would be to add a checkbox on the Overlay Settings window that could be assigned separately for each overlay channel. It would read "Use Main Transition Effect When Previewed" or something similar. When checked, it would adopt the preview transition's effect and speed when the overlay is previewed via right-clicking. So in my example above, if the box is unchecked the current behavior results, and if the box is checked and the overlay is previewed, when the transition is made it would wipe on in 750 ms along with the preview layer. Once the transition is complete, the overlay is on program, and if it was taken off it would use its assigned effect to turn off (in my example, it would fade when turned off). I'm not sure how feasible the request is (or how well I was able to explain it), so if you have any questions, let me know. Thanks!