logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Landon20  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2024 9:07:29 AM(UTC)
Landon20

Groups: Registered
United States

Need help out to be able to run Instant Replay as a single producer. Consistently our laptop is fast enough to run the whole show with 6 cameras coming in, plus 4 cameras at 720 60p into Replay, while recording an archive all at the same time.

As a single producer I handle all the graphics, switching, replaying, audio, and everything else you could imagine on our laptop all in VMIX. The laptop can handle all of that with Replay but the most amount of record time I have is 2 and a half hours. That's just not enough space to do any of our sports such as Football, Volleyball, Basketball, or Track especially when a tournament comes up and I need to be able to archive all of our replays.

Currently we are doing Football and we are 7 weeks in. I've been using an external 2TB Samsung T7 Shield SSD connected via usb-c to usb-c to handle all things replay, and only replay. Again, with 4 cameras at 720 60p HQ. That SSD has done everything I needed it to perfectly for 3 of the 7 weeks. (one week was canceled due to rain) 2 weeks ago it made it til the 4th quarter then started freezing during playback and running very slow then very fast. Last week it was unusable right from the beginning that I had to make the laptop handle it as well. This SSD is still fairly new since we just got it around April/May of 2024. Hardly been used except to use as a backup for a few videos. It was bought specifically to run replay as I thought it could handle it.

Now I'm stuck with an unusable SSD to run replay like it should and need help finding a new solution that does not involve a second computer. If anybody has any suggestions on equipment to be able to run replay like I've mentioned above that would be very helpful. And please describe your setups thoroughly and with brands and specs included, or links so I can find and buy the same thing, that would be extremely helpful and beneficial.

P.S. Not sure on exact specs of the Laptop, but I do know it is an Aorus, that was recommended from the VMIX website to handle all of this that we got in March 2024.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

TL:DR Need a new external SSD setup to handle IR with 4 cameras at 720 60p HQ