logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jpeg2RAW  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 10:59:27 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I recently upgraded to v14 and used it this last Tuesday for our live show. During the show I noticed the CPU usage was running 80-100% while it had run between 40-50% under v13 using the same preset. After the show, I checked all my settings and everything looked fine. After some additional testing, I found the problem was the Process - "NT Kernel & System" was running between 20-40%. So I re-installed v13 and NT Kernel process is still using way too much CPU.

So I started with a clean preset, added two webcams (C920's) and with noting else running, no recording, no streaming and the NT Kernel process is running at 11-15%. Delete the two shots and it's back to 0%

System Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Core i7 3770k overclocked to 4.2Ghz
32GB or ram
SSD - OS Drive
SSD - Recording Drive
Other SSD's and HDD's
AMD Radeon 7850
2 PCIe USB cards, one for each webcam

The only difference between the last time we used v13 to now using v14 was the installation of v14. No new hardware, no Windows updates not even the moving of a USB device to a different USB port.

Any ideas?
Charssay  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 8:52:02 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello,
this pprocess is the set basic instruction in the computer. It handles all comunication between software and Drivers and will be always there. It take a pic when something goes wrong in one commmunication between a related software and driver and its very hard to see the source of the issue.
You can try to revert with a last 2 or 3 days windows restore point before the event occur and see if it always there. Sometimes, a clean install will help you to come out of it.
Have always with you a backup of the last installation of your System you can restore before to do any upgrade. It's the advice I give always.