logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JobMcKee  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2024 1:08:15 AM(UTC)
JobMcKee

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm helping a small church with Vmix HD 25. I want to use AI speech recognition as triggers for slideshow lyrics, to negate the need for a projectionist to follow along during church worship.

I'm wondering if this would be simple if we had Vmix Scripting, or whether this alternative plan sounds sensible. Upgrading to 4K ($750) or Pro ($1000) to get the Vmix Scripting feature is a hard sell.

- Write myPlugin.dll that uses WPFUserControls to integrate with Vmix UI.
- Transcribe live audio packets using local AI solution (analogous to LocalVocal), and pass those parsed packets to Vmix.
- Compare the transcribed text packets with json-parsed PPTX slideshow lyric strings.
- Trigger slideshow advances within Vmix based on the parity of these results.
- Fine-tune delays and timing and audio-text-matching thresholds for optimal synchronization of worship with lyrics.

Seems like Vmix XAML plugins need to use NET 3.5, which is confusing since my Visual Studio WPF choices only go back to "5.0 (deprecated)". Does this mean I need to use an older version of Visual Studio to write the dll in NET 3.5? or if I use >NET 5.0, is it all back-compatible? Seems not, since the XAML plugin page warns about 4.0 not even being supported... Any thoughts are appreciated.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2024 2:41:25 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 951 time(s) in 786 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JobMcKee Go to Quoted Post

I'm wondering if this would be simple if we had Vmix Scripting, or whether this alternative plan sounds sensible. Upgrading to 4K ($750) or Pro ($1000) to get the Vmix Scripting feature is a hard sell.

What one can do with vMix scripting one can with external scripting (vb.net or other) including more (functionality)

Having the vMix scripting is worthwhile though

XAML will be fazed out by vMix
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
JobMcKee on 10/7/2024(UTC)
Papo  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2024 2:50:12 PM(UTC)
Papo

Peru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Using external vb scripts is convenient, another option would be a browser, create an html file and generate your button bar, javascript has all the potential, regarding visual studio I used 2019 and it has the 3.5 framework to enable, Greetings. Translated from Spanish to English by Google