logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikevanveen  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2024 1:04:27 AM(UTC)
mikevanveen

Groups: Registered

Good morning, I've got an ongoing issue I can't pin down. We're doing a stream with slides being captured from the show laptop via NDI. On the stream and my external out, the slides are crystal clear along with the video. However, on the recording, they are pixelated. The video on the recording is fine, no issues.

I've matched all my record settings to my vmix settings, and still no difference. I've also increased the recording bitrate as well. Just looking for any ideas here. Only thing I haven't tried yet is taking the slide laptop in as a direct source through my capture card and comparing the recordings.

Thanks,

Mike
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2024 4:00:31 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 946 time(s) in 781 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mikevanveen Go to Quoted Post
However, on the recording, they are pixelated. The video on the recording is fine, no issues.

Mike

confused
WaltG12  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2024 4:10:55 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mikevanveen Go to Quoted Post
However, on the recording, they are pixelated. The video on the recording is fine, no issues.

Mike

confused

Seems pretty clear to me--they're recording video and they're recording slides.

The video they're recording has no issues, the slides do.

mikevanveen  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2024 4:13:46 AM(UTC)
mikevanveen

Sorry for the confusion, I mean the camera feed. So we do PiP, with the camera feed in the lower right corner, and then switch to full screen cam when the presenter is not actively presenting. Anytime it's full screen video, quality is fine. But when it's PiP, the slide quality is pixelated, however the video in the PiP is still fine.
Luis70  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2024 8:20:12 AM(UTC)
Luis70

Grenada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
How are you capturing the slides, are they on your system, or are you capturing them via NDI?.. If they are on your PC, check the quality, and make sure you have a higher quality, to match your vMix settings, and if NDI, check the quality from the feed to make sure it is the same as you vMix settings.....
mikevanveen  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2024 11:16:15 PM(UTC)
mikevanveen

I'm using vMix NDI Desktop capture to bring them in. I'll mess around with the settings there but I know there isn't a ton of control with that. Would NDI Tools work better do you think?
mavik  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2024 11:46:32 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I can report that I do slides over NDI tools screen capture in 4k and run the production in 2k and everything looks nice.
The reason I do the screen capture in 4K is, that I distribute the feed onto different room displays which are 4k. If I do a 2k capture the room displays tend to be pixelated. To get both the presenter view (confidence monitor on stage) and the slide itself I use a HDMI dongle (simulates a display) that I plug into HDMI of the laptop. I don't want to connect a real display due to space. The laptop runs a remote clicker app so people can use their personal device to advance slides even from remote.