logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:04:28 PM(UTC)
mp

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone

I have two AverTV capture HD card (HDMI input). It works just fine with Sony handycam, I have troubles with Sony EX1. It has only SDI output. So, I bought an SDI to HDMI converter. It works just fine on TV, but when I try to connect to vMix, it only gives me HDCP. (This kind of connection worls also Ok with the original Avermedia program).

I tried with another solution. EX1 via SDI cable to HDMI converter, to input of my monitor, then with HDMI cable from output of the monitor to capture card. Well, I solved the HDCP problem, but now my picture in vMix in blinking.

Any idea?

Thanks.
tnorrell  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 11:18:37 PM(UTC)
tnorrell

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Whoa, you have a lot going on there. I've found that vmix needs the capture card to lock onto it's source's exact frame rate. If you're set for 30fps, but it's sending otu 29fps, you're going to get dropped/blank frames from time to time. It might be that the FPS your camera is putting out doesn't match with one of the frame rates that your SDI->HDMI converter works. I know you said that it works on your TV, but remember that your TV is a consumer device that has 'anti-flicker' tech built into it... so it's not a good ruler to measure the converter's performance.

NOTE: the SDI->HDMI->Monitor->HDMI solution will never get you where you want to be. There are too many conversions going on there to ever be reliable enough for a broadcast that you're selling.
mp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:07:21 PM(UTC)
mp

tnorrell wrote:
Whoa, you have a lot going on there. I've found that vmix needs the capture card to lock onto it's source's exact frame rate. If you're set for 30fps, but it's sending otu 29fps, you're going to get dropped/blank frames from time to time. It might be that the FPS your camera is putting out doesn't match with one of the frame rates that your SDI->HDMI converter works. I know you said that it works on your TV, but remember that your TV is a consumer device that has 'anti-flicker' tech built into it... so it's not a good ruler to measure the converter's performance.

NOTE: the SDI->HDMI->Monitor->HDMI solution will never get you where you want to be. There are too many conversions going on there to ever be reliable enough for a broadcast that you're selling.

Thanks, usefull reply, anyway, how do you explain the fact, that I don't get a picture in vMix at all (no dropped/blank frames, just HDCP title), but I get a perfect picture in AVerMedia TV Software with same settings: Ex1 camcorder -> SDI to HDMI-> Avermeria capture card.
admin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:10:43 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Thought I would add some notes here as we seem to get a lot of emails about this.

For the record the HDCP message is not generated by vMix, it is coming from the AverMedia driver.
The usual reason is that a HDCP protected source is plugged in, but in some cases it means the
Resolution and Frame Rate in vMix are not set to exactly match the source camera.

This is also confused by the fact that the AverMedia application will show HDCP video but prevent other applications from doing so.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
doyousee.me  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:14:40 PM(UTC)
doyousee.me

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
i have some experience in this.

avermedia may show picture as long as you don't try to record anything, as soon as you're trying to record (and that's probably the way vmix 'connects' to the driver) the hdcp protection kicks in as it's supposed to do.

If martins tip doesn't help, there is something called an hdcp stripper, but same arguments as posted before should make you not want to use those.

(i personally find it hard to believe a converter would add hdcp, so i think martins tip will work)

M@ik
mp  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 1:42:34 PM(UTC)
mp

doyousee.me wrote:

(i personally find it hard to believe a converter would add hdcp, so i think martins tip will work)

M@ik

Well, actually I found, that a converter adds HDCP.
I have tried to record a footage in Avermeria program, and I got a notificiation that it was not possible because of the protection.

Anyway, now I know, where the real problem is.

Jim_C  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 2:45:16 PM(UTC)
Jim_C

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
mp wrote:
doyousee.me wrote:

M@ik

Well, actually I found, that a converter adds HDCP.
I have tried to record a footage in Avermeria program, and I got a notificiation that it was not possible because of the protection.

Anyway, now I know, where the real problem is.

What SDI to HDMI converter were you using?

mp  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 1:42:18 PM(UTC)
mp

Jim_C wrote:

What SDI to HDMI converter were you using?

I have land it to my friend for testing, I don't remember the nam, but it is a kind of chinese 30 dollars converter (yeah, I know, I know ...:))
Rehan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 1:51:54 PM(UTC)
Rehan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've had over a dozen of these SDI to HDMI adapters installed for a year and haven't had a problem with a single one.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenkeng-LKV368/dp/B00AYT76IQ

The quality isn't as good as straight HDMI output from the camera, though.
STADIORADIO  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 1:43:33 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

I have the same problem . I just installed a avermedia C727. It works perfectly if I plug the HDMI cable directly . But I need to connect a camera to at least 60 meters , and I purchased a HDMI extender, but adds HDCP. Did I say something stupid , I wonder if you could put a flag for disabling the protocol from VMix, in INPUT Camera
Siroki  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 3:47:29 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
STADIORADIO wrote:
I have the same problem . I just installed a avermedia C727. It works perfectly if I plug the HDMI cable directly . But I need to connect a camera to at least 60 meters , and I purchased a HDMI extender, but adds HDCP. Did I say something stupid , I wonder if you could put a flag for disabling the protocol from VMix, in INPUT Camera

the problem is in Avermedia capture card. If you have someone that have for example BlackMagicDesign miniRecorder or Intensity Pro capture cards try with them, I think there will be no problem.
I was thinking to buy Avermedia too few days ago but I found posts and reactions on internet of the people who were very angry

If you read description on official site you can read this:
*Capturing HD content with HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) is not supported.

p.s. I already have BMD Intensity pro and I am very satisfied, and now I am thinking to buy MiniRecorder, the price is bigger but in the end it's worth it
-TA_  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 5:30:36 AM(UTC)
-TA_

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
STADIORADIO wrote:

Put this between extender out and avermedia input http://www.amazon.com/Sp...ier-Switch/dp/B00I0QFHIQ
STADIORADIO  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:54:10 AM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

In fact, I made a big mistake to buy AVerMedia ......
with the same money I would soon have a Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro 4K .... for now I have to fall back on a splitter :-(

Grazie!
mjgraves  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 11:09:19 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
I use an Aver Media C127 capture card routinely. I bought it to capture the output of various Android devices (Nexus Series) which include HDCP on the output. The only way around this that I have found is to split the output, sending on leg to a monitor and the other to the C127. In that way the monitor satisfies the HDCP handshake, so vMix sees the stream.

In my experience vMix will not see the stream at all unless HDCP is satisfied. It only sees a large "HDCP" message, which I believe originates in the Aver Media driver.

The Aver Media card has been much more reliable than the BMD Intensity Pro I used previously. Further, I doubt that anything can be done in vMix to impact this situation. HDCP is implemented in hardware on the convertor/capture devices. I don't believe that software control is permitted.

Michael
STADIORADIO  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:32:44 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

mjgraves wrote:
I use an Aver Media C127 capture card routinely. I bought it to capture the output of various Android devices (Nexus Series) which include HDCP on the output. The only way around this that I have found is to split the output, sending on leg to a monitor and the other to the C127. In that way the monitor satisfies the HDCP handshake, so vMix sees the stream.

In my experience vMix will not see the stream at all unless HDCP is satisfied. It only sees a large "HDCP" message, which I believe originates in the Aver Media driver.

The Aver Media card has been much more reliable than the BMD Intensity Pro I used previously. Further, I doubt that anything can be done in vMix to impact this situation. HDCP is implemented in hardware on the convertor/capture devices. I don't believe that software control is permitted.

Michael

and if I connect only one output to the card ? Does it work?
SportsNetUSA.net  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 9:49:32 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
STADIORADIO wrote:

This HDCP problem seems to be rooted in the use of specific converters and HDMI extenders, not vMix or AverMedia cards. I have a system with two (2) DarkCrystal HD Capture SDK II (C729). Using a Sony camcorder and connecting with a 15' HDMI cable I get no issues. Then I use my HDMI extender with 200' of CAT6E cable to connect to the AverMedia card. There is no issue. Everything works as it does on actual live events.

If the converter or HDMI extender causes an HDCP issue, there are others devices of those types that won't.
STADIORADIO  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 3:45:37 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

SportsNetUSA.net wrote:
STADIORADIO wrote:

This HDCP problem seems to be rooted in the use of specific converters and HDMI extenders, not vMix or AverMedia cards. I have a system with two (2) DarkCrystal HD Capture SDK II (C729). Using a Sony camcorder and connecting with a 15' HDMI cable I get no issues. Then I use my HDMI extender with 200' of CAT6E cable to connect to the AverMedia card. There is no issue. Everything works as it does on actual live events.

If the converter or HDMI extender causes an HDCP issue, there are others devices of those types that won't.

extender which suggest?
mjgraves  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 3:51:01 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
STADIORADIO wrote:

You connect one output to a monitor to satisfy the HDCP handshake. You should see the output on the monitor.

You connect the remaining output to the card. It will also see the video.

When you connect things up you need to connect the monitor first, so that it negotiates the HDCP handshake. Connect the capture card last

STADIORADIO  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 6:40:36 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

mjgraves wrote:
STADIORADIO wrote:

You connect one output to a monitor to satisfy the HDCP handshake. You should see the output on the monitor.

You connect the remaining output to the card. It will also see the video.

When you connect things up you need to connect the monitor first, so that it negotiates the HDCP handshake. Connect the capture card last

ok , but after connecting the cable to the card , I can disconnect the monitor ?
Siroki  
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 8:29:33 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I found this on ebay:
AVerMedia C027 DarkCrystal HD Capture Pro AVerTV HD DVR PCIe Video Capture Card

Think to kbuy it, it costs about 70-80$ but now I am not sure anymore beacause of this HDCP
Does anyone has this card?