logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mark  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2024 12:25:31 PM(UTC)
mark

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have a single SDI input that has 4 separate audio channels coming in that show up on Channel Mixer fine. (4 microphones)
However as each of these audio sources are turned on and off a lot I made shortcuts.

But the only way I could do this was have a single button that lowered the volume in channel 1 to 1 followed by another button that set volume to 100

Am I missing something or is there no way to add Channel Mixer Channel #1 audio on/off on single button without turning off the entire SDI input via shortcut.
It can be done for the entire input just does not seem to be available for individual channels.

Any suggestions out there most welcome

Peter1000  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2024 2:49:46 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 60 post(s)
If I understand correctly, are you already muting your audio sources with SetVolumeChannelMixer? But there are also the commands SetVolumeChannelMixer1 -16.
For 4 audios you need 8 buttons. 4 buttons for audio1-4 ON. 4 for audio1-4 OFF
You select Shortcut, Audio, SetVolumeChannelMixer1, select your input, Value 100 or 0, the same for SetVolumeChannelMixer2-4
Unfortunately, there is no toggle function with which you could save 4 buttons. There are other possibilities like Channel Matrix Preset and API or via dynamic values but the way described above is easier.
mark  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2024 5:16:32 PM(UTC)
mark

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yes that is how I am doing it with 8 buttons. Would be nice if it could be narrowed down to 4 buttons (on/off) like a standard input.
Reason is apart from taking up 8 buttons not 4 as far as I can tell you also cannot attach an activator to each button so you can know (quickly) if the sub channel mike is on or off via lit up or not.
Like everything Live it happens fast, so is just another sh%t happens step I am trying to avoid.
Hot mike when it should not be, or Cold Mike when it should be Hot.
Can't always rely on talent to turn them on or off.
Hopefully a future update solves this and adds Audio on/off to sub channels.
nikosman88  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2024 11:34:46 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Hello. I dont know what controller you use. But if you use bitfocus companion (or i believe central control but bitfocus is free) you can do it with 4 buttons. For example in a bitfocus button 1 quick press mic on,1sec hold to the same button mic off or press-release mic on/off or by doing 2 steps button, what fits you better. And you can have feedback to this button to know the currect state