logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccriddle  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2024 8:05:27 AM(UTC)
ccriddle

Groups: Registered
United States

Twice a year we put out several SRT streams that have several audios on it. It would be really nice to subscribe to a SRT stream and then do virtuals of that same stream/input, selecting the different audios making it easy to go through them making sure they are there and have the correct languages. Each virtual input would present a different audio grouping. I ask this as we can't have multiple inputs with the same ip address and port without the computer and Vmix having a REAL PROBLEM and basically all I can do is crash shutdown VMix to get control of things again. At this point, I'm not using Vmix as a transmission program but as a monitoring program. Do you understand the difference in what I am doing? I don't know if this can be done. I just know this would be one way for me to go through all of the different audios/languages that we send out. Thank You for thinking about this for me!
mavik  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2024 8:44:10 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 149 post(s)
If I understand you correct you want to listen into the different audio channels from a SRT source within vMix. With the latest version there is the bus mixer and the matrix available and should give you all the freedom you need.
Shortcuts can help you to "step" through the channels.
Peter1000  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2024 9:03:42 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 60 post(s)
see here, how multitrack audio with srt works
8-ch audio with SRT/vMix
this should make it clear how the different audio tracks are assigned to the different audio buses.
different presets can be stored in the matrix and called up at runtime using AudioChannelMatrixApplyPreset.