logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fva  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2024 2:09:37 AM(UTC)
fva

Groups: Registered
Brazil

We have a small production room in our church with one PC with Vmix and DeckLink Duo 2 and I want to buy the ATEM extreme SDI ISO to record each input individually.
I would like to know somethings before I but the new ATEM...

1) I need to send Key and Fill from VMIX to ATEM for the Lowerthirds (I watched the VMIX tutorial for this) and I may use external 1 for this.

2) I need to send the playlist with videos from VMIX to ATEM separated from Key and Fill, I may use external 2 for this.

If Key and Fill must have a transparent background to work, what is the best approach for me to send the videos as well?

The videos must be sent from the PC to the ATEM, because I need to record the videos as a Isolated input in ATEM and I need to use the SuperSource
to divide the screen with the Video from VMIX and the Cameras.
Peter1000  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2024 4:26:32 AM(UTC)
Peter1000

Groups: Registered
Switzerland

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 60 post(s)
both are possible, you set in the decklink card software, under connections, connector <mapping to SDI 1 &2. then you set in the vMix software under external settings , External Alpha Channel to straight, then fill and key come out of the connector 1 & 2 (or3?).
You set a transparent background in the Output window and use overlay to show key and fill. If there is a video without alpha channel, the key signal will automatically be full white. or you can use output 3 or 4 on another sdi out with external 2.