logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MM2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2024 7:16:33 AM(UTC)
MM2

Groups: Registered
United States

Our computer running vmix crashed. We installed a new hard drive and vmix last version and everything. I was able to recover some of the files from the old hard drive. Can anyone tell me what the last preset file is name and a location that it is stored in? Also, if you have another way to get all the settings are most back that would be great as well.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2024 8:30:56 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Hello. At first enable to see hidden files and folders in your new windows drive. Then You have to go to your old pc disk in the folder c:\users\yourpcname\Appdata\local\StudioCoast_Pty_Ltd\vmix folder and there is inside a file called user.config that you have to copy in your new drive same location and hope that everything will be back
MM2  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2024 10:49:50 AM(UTC)
MM2

United States

Thank you for this information. The recovery didn't have everything in the correct folder structure, but I was able to find this folder and the config file and I will copy it into the computer tomorrow when I get there and hope it all works.
MM2  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2024 5:25:40 AM(UTC)
MM2

United States

The config log didn’t bring anything back. Do you know of anything else that will bring back the setup?
nikosman88  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2024 5:36:13 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MM2 Go to Quoted Post
The config log didn’t bring anything back. Do you know of anything else that will bring back the setup?

Unfortunatelly no. Have you replaced the new config file with the old one? The old one is more size than the new? For the shortcuts and other global settings,if old user.config dont work when you do replace i dont know other way. But if you need some scripts that you didnt have backup, if user.config is not empty,maybe you can open it with notepad and copy-paste your scripts. Did you had any local preset shortcuts etc? Local presets hold the shortcuts and other settings