logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adambou  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2024 10:30:52 AM(UTC)
adambou

Groups: Registered
Australia

Broadcasting to Fox Sports in Australia. They have changed their protocols from Custom RTMP to SRT so i need to enable it so they can receive my stream.

Just trying to get my head around some technical aspects of the set up.

I connect to the internet via a Telstra 5G sim card.

The sim card connects the cellular network via a Teltonika RUTX50 router (blazingly fast and quite impressive so far).

The Vmix PC connects to the Teltonika RUTX50 via an ethernet cable.

I understand that i need a port forwarding from the Teltonika Router to the Computer so that Fox Sports can access my PC and vmix and pick up my stream.

There has been some suggestion that I need a Static IP address but i dont know if this is set up on the Sim card through Telstra, or on the router via the router settings, or on the PC via network settings.

If someone could please provide the basic overview of requirements, it will at least give me an idea of how to proceed forward as im at a total loss.

After it is established and the port is forwarded, in the SRT setup within VMIX, which IP address do I use? The PC or the router IP?

Total noob so apologies and any advise would be very very appreciated.

BARP  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2024 11:32:15 AM(UTC)
BARP

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Unlike RTMP, SRT can work in both push (caller) or pull (listener) mode which can be initiated by either end. If you are connecting to FOX you would be the caller and need the URL of their end point (IP address and port), and you type that into vMix under External Outputs, as the caller, you do not need to open or forward a port in your firewall. If FOX is connecting to you, making you the listener (which is how we have to do it with ESPN), you would use your firewall to forward a UDP port to your vMix machine and then give FOX the external IP address of your router. As a listener, you don't need to put any IP address into vMix, you only need to choose a port to listen on, and put that into your router.
adambou  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2024 4:04:40 PM(UTC)
adambou

Australia

I will be setting up as a LISTERNER and Fox Sports will be Calling in to my computer to pick up my stream - if i follow correctly.

I dont know how to open a port on my Router. It connects via 5G cellular and so im wondering if I need to do anything at the Cellular provider level or just on the RUTX50 router.

Also, as for the URL that I will provide Fox Sports - is this the IP address of my router or my computer? And unless it is static, it could potentially change and make it impossible for them to find my stream unless I update them with the IP week to week - not an ideal scenario.

When it comes to establishing a Static IP - is this done at the router level?

Thanks for you help.
BARP  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2024 1:46:16 PM(UTC)
BARP

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Opening a port, and forwarding a port are the same thing. It can only be done on your router. It is typically unusual for a cellular connection to have a static IP address, if you manage to get one it would have to be done by Telstra. They would assign one to your sim card, and then it will appear on your router. You will give FOX the ip address of your router, and yes, without a static IP address you have to give FOX a new one every week, though this is not that unusual, we have had to do that with ESPN fairly regularly. When you call in to facs out with the transmission department before each game it's usually the first thing they ask.