logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AimeeParnell  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2024 4:26:12 AM(UTC)
AimeeParnell

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi there, hoping someone here will be able to help.

We have Vmix 27.0.0.69 x64 set up in a town office to record and stream their meetings.

I set it all up and successfully recorded audio about two weeks ago, BUT when it was time to demonstrate the system to their staff, audio would not work. In front of everyone. Awesome! 🤯

I have downloaded the AudioBox ASIO driver, I didn't change any settings between the time when I set it up and it worked, and the time when it didn't work.

This is the second time this has happened (last time I tried to demonstrate the system for them, an electrical storm had messed up all of the PTZ cameras IP addresses), so, just in case, I had backed up the preset to our Google Drive, and when things didn't work again, I downloaded that preset and tried using it, but it still didn't give us any audio. I don't know how I can troubleshoot something that worked before and had no changes.

The audio gear is a set of 5 wireless microphones: Shure SM58 Dynamic Voice-Over Mic Kit, with Mackie Element Wave XLR Compact Digital Wireless Plug-on mic system, connected to a Rolls RM82 8 channel Mic/Line mixer, which is then connected to a PreSonus AudioBox iOne USB 2.0 and iPad Recording Interface that connects to the Vmix computer.

Zoom connected fine when I tested it on my own, but wouldn't connect when I did the demo.

Next issue: when I switch the preset camera angles, the cameras pan to the wall, rather than the preset angle I set up.

Do I have some kind of bug in the system? This is too much weirdness.

Thanks, hoping I can solve it here with a little collective knowledge before I decide that I need to hire an outside consultant to fix this. I'm stumped.
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2024 10:59:59 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 164 post(s)
A couple of notes that might help.

Any Audio interface connecting to your vMix PC should always connect to the same USB port and should be connected before you start vMix.

- Tom