logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vjmandala  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2024 12:14:41 PM(UTC)
vjmandala

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Hi, I have a situation where I am unable to receive an NDI source in VMix Pro v24.0.0.6. Running NDI 5.6.

The studio has 4x VMix PCs with 4K and 1x Pro installed, all on same subnet LAN. Weeks ago worked without issue.

The 4K versions can send receive to each other without any issue.

The Pro version can send NDI and be received by all other 4K/PCs no probs, but Pro cannot cannot receive any NDI from the other 4k outputs - even though all sources appear in the Pro NDI/Desktop Capture input dialogue. Still nothing when hosting a Bridge on Pro PC to ingest other 4K NDI output sources.

On Pro PC using NDI Tools stand alone (Studio Monitor, Router, Bridge, Screen Capture or Webcam) any other 4K PC NDI source can be ingested without issue. Pro version cannot even ingest input from NDI Studio Monitor running on itself - same Pro PC.

Note, Pro can see any/all PC's NDI inputs and their NDI thumbnails in the NDI/Desktop Capture input dialogue. They are all available.

When an NDI input is selected on Pro there is a momentary audio meter rise as if there is an attempt to ingest source, no video appears at all, remains blank.

I have checked on UDP Receive and Send Enabled (via hamburger menu) vMix NDI config, which was previously off.
Even tried FEIM, then Low Bandwidth Mode, then Increase Buffer in NDI/Desktop Capture dialogue.
Have tried setting VMix on Pro to 29.97fps, which is what NDI Studio Monitor set at.

None of these attempts solved it. Am a bit stuck at this moment for what to do next.
mgrayeb  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2024 1:25:45 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I had this issue recently when trying to bring in NDI Desktop Captures of pinned Zoom participants.

This had worked fine for me for a few years and then suddenly about a month ago it didn't work. I had the momentary audio and then none. I can't remember if the video capture continued or not.

I tried this on two different PCs and had the same issue on both. Note: The host PC had Windows 11, and one of the PCs with NDI Desktop Capture was running Windows 10 and the other with NDI Desktop Capture was running Windows 11 (upgraded from Windows 10). Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I checked to ensure all Windows updates were up to date and rebooted them, and I then updated to NDI 6. No luck.

Not sure if it has anything relevant to your experience.

In my case, I ended up using the new Zoom plugin in vMix 27.

vjmandala  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2024 11:30:27 AM(UTC)
vjmandala

Man
Australia

Thanks for your suggestions. All PC's are identical Win 10 installs.

Found this in knowledge base - will try this when I get a chance. But how to find out what version of NDI VMix 24.0.0.1 uses?
https://www.vmix.com/kno...version-in-vmix-manually
Peter1000  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2024 8:12:36 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I often had the same problems and then found the following solution. (All my systems are running WIN10)
If you haven't installed the NDI tools yet, download and install them. I don't know if it is important that vMix uses the same version of the NDI DLL as vMix. I always use the latest NDI Tools version.
Enter all your IP addresses in the NDI Access Manager of the NDI Tools, under the tab “external sources”, click on + and add the IP's of your NDI sources and vMix Computers in your local network. This also works for me with Zerotier addresses. As soon as the IP's were entered in NDI Access Manager, vMix soon found them. This behavior was the same with various vMix systems in different networks. If a vMix system did not see an NDI source, adding it in the NDI Access Manager solved the problem. I don't know why this is the case. Mainly because, according to vMix, it is not actually necessary to install the NDI tools. The way in which vMix finds the NDI sources or displays them as input must be different from other systems. In almost all cases where vMix did not display the NDI source, NDI's Studio Monitor app found it, but not in all cases. This may also have something to do with the network setup, but since this problem always occurred in the same way on different systems with different networks, this is just a guess.
recommended ndi settings for network switches
If you have a managed switch, check the recommended Network Switch settings for NDI (search the internet for "recommended ndi settings for network")
Well, good luck and I hope that this solution works for some of you as it does for me.

thanks 1 user thanked Peter1000 for this useful post.
jet on 5/29/2024(UTC)
vjmandala  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2024 9:43:14 AM(UTC)
vjmandala

Man
Australia

Thanks Peter1000, I will try this out.

I believe one can only input 8 amount of External IP's in Access Manager. I need to add 22 IP addresses. Can an IP subnet range be used instead, ie 192.168.1.* ?

With what you stated above with Ext IP's - I noted in orig post that all the other VMix 4k PC's in studio 'can' see each others NDI sources without issue, and only the one Pro PC cannot see (ingest) all other 4k PCs NDI sources, yet Pro PC can send NDI to other 4k PC's no probs.