logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dashner  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2015 9:50:29 AM(UTC)
dashner

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I've been using vMix with my organization as a cost efficient solution for on-site stream broadcasts for almost a year now. We cover on-site eSports events. I am absolutely in love with the program and it fulfills nearly all of our needs.

I have noticed one drawback, however, which may just end up being me overlooking something completely during testing. We utilize two RTMP feeds during our broadcasts as inputs over a local area network. It's a cost efficient way to broadcast a delayed video signal (about 30 seconds to match up with an in-game spectator delay) over a long distance in a LAN center. It works perfectly beyond the fact we have been unable to get vMix to playback the input in 60 FPS, it always seems to revert to 30 even though it's being accepted as a 60p input. I've confirmed that the RTMP feeds being accepted by vMix are indeed being streamed via OBS (Open Broadcast Software) in 60p and they appear to be 60p when viewing the RTMP stream via any other external player such as VLC.

I've double checked my input settings several times, as well as my overall project settings to accept 60p. We are currently using two HERO 3+ Black GO Pros for the RTMP feeds, set to 720p 60 FPS. All my other feeds in vMix playback in 60p fine and are smooth. Just for the hell of it, we tried plugging the GO Pros directly into our capture cards and they worked fine, so the issue seems to come back to vMix.

Is this a limitation of the software or am I messing something up when adding the input?

Thanks for your help,
Alex
dashner  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:06:27 AM(UTC)
dashner

Groups: Registered

Just wanted to see again if there's any ideas about this :)

It's not a deal breaker but I would love all my inputs to be consistent in terms of frame rate.