logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
schmadam71  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2024 8:59:14 PM(UTC)
schmadam71

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

I am setting up a number of playlists that will play looping content - stills and videos - to an LED screen during an event. I have done this many times before and it works really well; there is a playlist for each day and it just loops all day long. I need to use a playlist rather than a list input for its flexibility (e.g. setting the duration for still images and looping videos).

However, occasionally I need to make changes to a playlist while it is running and this is one of the reasons I use vMix for this. To do this I set each video to play from current position, rather than from the start, and check the 'Begin from selected item' box. Then when I want to make a change I stop the playlist during a long enough video, make the changes, select the currently playing video again and restart the playlist. All good.

My niggle is that 'Begin from selected item' , unlike 'Loop', is a setting that doesn't persist. If I close the playlist configuration window and open it again the box is unchecked. In practice I tend to keep the playlist configuration open and remember to check the box if I close it and reopen but it seems like a setting that should persist once set.

Am I missing something? If not I will post as a feature request.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2024 1:24:31 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Hello. I confirm that if you close the playlist windows doesnt save the check in the option 'Begin from selected item'
schmadam71  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2024 2:58:36 AM(UTC)
schmadam71

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: nikosman88 Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I confirm that if you close the playlist windows doesnt save the check in the option 'Begin from selected item'

Thank you