logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tjbruce17594  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2024 9:52:08 AM(UTC)
tjbruce17594

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi everyone!

I have recently purchased an Elgato Footpedal to use for my esports productions. I am currently using the 3 pedals for the Mark Functions for In/Out live.

As I am also tabbed into the game as an observer, I am unable to highlight select events and playback to output using the Play Events button. I would need to manually tab out, highlight and select the required clips and then press Play Events.

I want to ask if the following is possible using a Elgato Footpedal with Bitfocus Companion?

1. Use Bitfocus Companion to make the left foot pedal highlight the previous event from latest as it is pressed, effectively allowing me to highlight previous events sequentially.

2. Use Bitfocus Companion to make the right foot pedal play the selected events to Output with stinger and then go back to the latest event to continue.

3. This is already setup but the middle foot pedal is already Marking In/Out live so that is perfect.

The 1st dot point is the most important and I am unable to find a shortcut to achieve this atm, and I would assume this is something that is not in-built yet, but would appreciate any assistance with a workaround.

Thank you all!

~ TJ
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2024 3:10:00 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 932 time(s) in 770 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tjbruce17594 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone!

I have recently purchased an Elgato Footpedal to use for my esports productions. I am currently using the 3 pedals for the Mark Functions for In/Out live.

As I am also tabbed into the game as an observer, I am unable to highlight select events and playback to output using the Play Events button. I would need to manually tab out, highlight and select the required clips and then press Play Events.

I want to ask if the following is possible using a Elgato Footpedal with Bitfocus Companion?

1. Use Bitfocus Companion to make the left foot pedal highlight the previous event from latest as it is pressed, effectively allowing me to highlight previous events sequentially.

2. Use Bitfocus Companion to make the right foot pedal play the selected events to Output with stinger and then go back to the latest event to continue.

3. This is already setup but the middle foot pedal is already Marking In/Out live so that is perfect.

The 1st dot point is the most important and I am unable to find a shortcut to achieve this atm, and I would assume this is something that is not in-built yet, but would appreciate any assistance with a workaround.

Thank you all!

~ TJ

Some shortcuts to play with (their name say enough / helpfile has a full list also) :

ReplaySelectLastEvent (allready selected when event created)

ReplayScrollSelectedEvent

ReplaySelectPreviousEvent
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
tjbruce17594 on 5/12/2024(UTC)
tjbruce17594  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2024 7:10:17 PM(UTC)
tjbruce17594

Australia

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone!

Thank you all!

~ TJ

Some shortcuts to play with (their name say enough / helpfile has a full list also) :

Hey!

Thank you for that! I couldn't seem to find ReplayScrollSelectedEvent in the shortcut reference, would there be a link for that?

I could use a dial to scroll through the events list, but would any of the mentioned shortcuts actually highlight the events I scroll through to then play to output when I use ReplayPlaySelectedEventToOutput ?

Thank you

doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2024 6:37:47 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Hi everyone!

Thank you all!

~ TJ

Hey!

Thank you for that! I couldn't seem to find ReplayScrollSelectedEvent in the shortcut reference, would there be a link for that?

I could use a dial to scroll through the events list, but would any of the mentioned shortcuts actually highlight the events I scroll through to then play to output when I use ReplayPlaySelectedEventToOutput ?

Thank you

One way to find out is to check and try it
tjbruce17594  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2024 7:21:16 AM(UTC)
tjbruce17594

Australia

Hi everyone!

Thank you all!

~ TJ

Hey!

Thank you

One way to find out is to check and try it

So I've tried using it with my footpedals and it scrolls, but doesn't select the events as I scroll.

Is there any shortcut that allows me to register a click or select as I go?

Thanks!
doggy  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2024 8:01:02 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

So I've tried using it with my footpedals and it scrolls, but doesn't select the events as I scroll.

Maybe try it first as regular keyboard shortcuts before messing with a footpedal and Companion
Hint that way you also get some info on what a shortcut function does when defining one

Quote:

Thanks!

really, did you look and try ?

as

ReplaySelectNextEvent
ReplayPlaySelectedEventToOutput

works just fine as requested
tjbruce17594  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2024 8:46:50 AM(UTC)
tjbruce17594

Australia

Maybe try it first as regular keyboard shortcuts before messing with a footpedal and Companion
Hint that way you also get some info on what a shortcut function does when defining one

Quote:

Thanks!

really, did you look and try ?

as

ReplaySelectNextEvent
ReplayPlaySelectedEventToOutput

works just fine as requested

I'll give it a try tonight, when I last tested it, it wouldn't highlight multiple events in sequence when using

It would just cycle back 1 by 1 but not select multiple ones.
doggy  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2024 8:13:53 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I'll give it a try tonight, when I last tested it, it wouldn't highlight multiple events in sequence when using

now i get it , guess i misunderstood.
you basically want to simulate selcting multiple clips not necessarily all sequentially like one would do manually with using control and shift keys and a mouse using one singel footpedal ?

the shortcut functions indicate a selection , there is not one to move (the mouse ) without selecting .

imo impractical/impossible unless you want to imitate mouse movement and ctrl-select like one does manually before innitiating a playout function with a footpedal

but maybe this might help give an idea https://mcmw.abilitynet....e-pointer-in-windows-10.

tjbruce17594  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2024 11:35:44 PM(UTC)
tjbruce17594

Australia

now i get it , guess i misunderstood.
you basically want to simulate selcting multiple clips not necessarily all sequentially like one would do manually with using control and shift keys and a mouse using one singel footpedal ?

the shortcut functions indicate a selection , there is not one to move (the mouse ) without selecting .

imo impractical/impossible unless you want to imitate mouse movement and ctrl-select like one does manually before innitiating a playout function with a footpedal

but maybe this might help give an idea https://mcmw.abilitynet....e-pointer-in-windows-10.

That is pretty much what I need to simulate, by ctrl selecting the events and then playing to output using a footpedal press.

I am hoping that maybe Vicreo listener may be able to help with that, but I'm assuming this is a very niche situation for playing back replay events.

Thank you tho!