logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
clincoln777  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2024 1:44:07 AM(UTC)
clincoln777

Groups: Registered

I am a bit confused as to where my image is being degraded, but this is my signal flow

Video data is being sent from my switcher (BlackMagic Television studio Pro 4K 12G.) The output image from the switcher looks great and goes directly into the PC with a Magewell Pro Capture SDI Card and has vMix running on it.

Once I set up the vMix source, I can tell that the image has lost so much detail in the blacks and also seems a little blurry compared the the Atem output.

My question is has anyone experienced this and do you think the degradation coming from a conversion of YUV (on the switcher) to RGB (in vMix)? Or do you think the Magewell Pro Capture SDI Capture Card may be the culprit?

Any experience with this type of issue is greatly appreciated.

Roy Sinclair  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2024 8:42:52 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: clincoln777 Go to Quoted Post
I am a bit confused as to where my image is being degraded, but this is my signal flow

Video data is being sent from my switcher (BlackMagic Television studio Pro 4K 12G.) The output image from the switcher looks great and goes directly into the PC with a Magewell Pro Capture SDI Card and has vMix running on it.

Once I set up the vMix source, I can tell that the image has lost so much detail in the blacks and also seems a little blurry compared the the Atem output.

My question is has anyone experienced this and do you think the degradation coming from a conversion of YUV (on the switcher) to RGB (in vMix)? Or do you think the Magewell Pro Capture SDI Capture Card may be the culprit?

Any experience with this type of issue is greatly appreciated.

Where are you seeing the degradation? If the degradation isn't on an output from vMix then it's only an internal problem.