logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fcvideo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2024 1:25:51 AM(UTC)
fcvideo

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

I am fairly new to VMIX, but have been looking at bring in data through Excel/Google Sheets.

My scenario - we do basketball games, and as an example I want to display the start 5's from each team. At present I have the 5 names in individual text documents (Home starting 5, Away starting 5) along with about different text files for home teamn, away team coaches etc.

I want to accomodate these all within 1 excel/sheets document, under columns and some in different tabs.

I can work out how to connect the excel/sheet, and get it to bring in a row details of that column - but cant find a way of it bring in all 5 names, without having to set the title to bring in the 5 individual names. Although its not to difficult when just 5, when you have a team roster of about 12 and more, makes it more difficult.

So can i import into a title everything under that column, or do i have to stick with text and have multiple files instead of just in the one?

Thanks - Lee
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2024 7:58:24 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
It's all about organizing your data in the spreadsheet, and how you set up your titles. Do you show the teams on one screen at the same time in one title (a)? Or one after the other (b)? One possibility is, to name the columns like Player1,Player2,Player3,Player4, etc., then have home in row 1 and away in row 2. For (a) you have to map the text fields of your title to the specific rows. For (b) you can set the row to "selected". (See https://www.vmix.com/hel...urcesTitleMapping.html).