logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
knbPixels  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 3:40:54 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tried using both a shortcut, and right clicking on a zoom input in vMix, and selecting Unmute Self...neither method are resulting in the vMix participant in Zoom unmuting itself. Shouldn't have to, but I tried making it a cohost, and that did not change the behavior. Mute Self also did not work.

Zoom version is 6.0.0.

Thanks for adding this feature, looking forward to getting it to work as intended
spinfold  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 7:40:14 AM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I haven't tried this new feature yet, but "self" refers to the vmix input to the Zoom call (ie what vmix is feeding into the meeting), not an individual participant in that meeting.

Just like regular Zoom, you only have the ability to unmute yourself, and not other people (which would be a big privacy issue).
thanks 1 user thanked spinfold for this useful post.
knbPixels on 5/2/2024(UTC)
knbPixels  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 7:46:42 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

Originally Posted by: spinfold Go to Quoted Post
I haven't tried this new feature yet, but "self" refers to the vmix input to the Zoom call (ie what vmix is feeding into the meeting), not an individual participant in that meeting.

Just like regular Zoom, you only have the ability to unmute yourself, and not other people (which would be a big privacy issue).

Thanks, I used to work for Zoom so I'm familiar...the vMix input into the meeting is a participant as far as Zoom is concerned. That's how it has the ability to pass audio either way as well as video. The only behavior I would expect from "Unmute Self" is for the vMix instance within Zoom to unmute itself. That is the behavior that I am attempting to trigger with the shortcut and menu item, and that is the behavior that is not functioning.
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 10:04:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4172 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
Make sure you have the latest plugin installed:

https://www.vmix.com/kno...plugin-for-vmix-download

Also just to confirm, this unmutes the audio vMix sends to Zoom, it does not unmute the participant.
knbPixels  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 10:34:24 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Make sure you have the latest plugin installed:

https://www.vmix.com/kno...plugin-for-vmix-download

Also just to confirm, this unmutes the audio vMix sends to Zoom, it does not unmute the participant.

So semantically, vMix itself is a participant from the perspective of Zoom, even if vMix is just mimicking being a participant...it's the same thing for Zoom, so that's just the parlance I'm using. Maybe you have your own name for what vMix is putting into the meeting, I call it the vMix participant, or the vMix instance.

Regardless, I didn't realize a separate update to the Zoom Plugin was needed, now that I have updated things seem to work as hoped. When I select "Unmute Self" the participant that is in the meeting and bringing in my audio from vMix is unmuted. Thanks again for this functionality addition...it is very nice to be able to build this in as an automation and not have to go manually unmute the vMix participant every time it joins the meeting.

If you are saying that the audio is unmuted but the vMix participant would remain otherwise muted, that's not what I'm seeing in the Zoom meeting, I see the vMix participant literally become muted and unmuted within Zoom. It works like I hoped, but just want to clear up any confusion. Curiously though, while the menu item is working, the shortcut isn't having any effect.
knbPixels  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 11:01:45 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

Here's a video of my vMix with the Zoom window overlayed...while the menu isn't captured in the recording showing me click on "Unmute Self", you can see that what I'm doing in vMix is correctly effecting the vMix participant in the Zoom meeting. As I mentioned, the menu items are working, but the shortcuts are not. Let me know if you want images or a video of the shortcuts

https://imgur.com/a/CjVBY5L
admin  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 11:12:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4172 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
Please contact support and send a "support report" from vMix when instructed to:

https://www.vmix.com/contact-us.aspx

You are correct that the vMix participant is what these control.
(We do not call the vMix end a participant to avoid confusion)

I have also just tested and confirmed that the shortcuts work as expected, so there will be a configuration issue somewhere, and something we can identify from the support report.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
knbPixels on 5/2/2024(UTC)