logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simsyuk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2024 5:28:35 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello everyone,

I wanted to initiate a discussion about what features you'd like to see included in version 28 of vMix. I know we've only just released version 27, but this forum is brimming with fantastic suggestions that often seem to be overlooked—some have even been around for the last seven years!

There is a rule though, you can only propose up to three ideas. What enhancements would you like to see? I’ll start off with mine:

1. Updated vMix Social – https://forums.vmix.com/posts/t24171-vMix-Social-update-idea-again
2. TikTok Chat integration – I realise TikTok may not allow this, but it's worth an attempt.
3. Multi-screen GUI – This would allow me to display inputs on a separate monitor.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas!
ryxyz  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 1:22:29 AM(UTC)
ryxyz

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
1. Allow a layer source to be "flattened" so it can be zoomed and panned while preserving its location and cropping (without the need of the Mix or UVMAP workaround).
2. Add file system loading of scripts so an external editor can be used for editing a script rather than having to continually reload it from the UI.
3. Add shortcut to set the category of an input
knbPixels  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 2:32:03 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Simsyuk Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I wanted to initiate a discussion about what features you'd like to see included in version 28 of vMix. I know we've only just released version 27, but this forum is brimming with fantastic suggestions that often seem to be overlooked—some have even been around for the last seven years!

There is a rule though, you can only propose up to three ideas. What enhancements would you like to see? I’ll start off with mine:

1. Updated vMix Social – https://forums.vmix.com/posts/t24171-vMix-Social-update-idea-again
2. TikTok Chat integration – I realise TikTok may not allow this, but it's worth an attempt.
3. Multi-screen GUI – This would allow me to display inputs on a separate monitor.

In my case, a multi window GUI would be nice, but really just so that I could have a separate window dedicated to a specific input, I use NDI right now to monitor a return feed for the presenters. I could see it being useful to show a custom multiview of selected inputs though.
spinfold  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 7:48:19 AM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: knbPixels Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

In my case, a multi window GUI would be nice, but really just so that I could have a separate window dedicated to a specific input, I use NDI right now to monitor a return feed for the presenters. I could see it being useful to show a custom multiview of selected inputs though.

This is what Full Screen is for
spinfold  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2024 7:49:19 AM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: ryxyz Go to Quoted Post
1. Allow a layer source to be "flattened" so it can be zoomed and panned while preserving its location and cropping (without the need of the Mix or UVMAP workaround).

THIS!

By far my biggest issue in vMix.
lbgaus  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2024 7:34:26 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Here is my wish list for v28...

1. Shortcuts for SetRotateX, Y, and Z. We got the SetCrop shortcuts added in version 27 YAY :))))
  2. A way to create fullscreen and/or windowed projectors like in OBS Studio. This probably ties in with the multi-screen GUI interface mentioned above.
  3. Having a way to dock/undock more windows, like the Audio Mixer does now, would be great. (Similar to Adobe Premiere)
WaltG12  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2024 5:52:43 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: spinfold Go to Quoted Post

THIS!

Say there's a "flatten" button added.

Which adjustments come before the flatten, which adjustments come after?

Originally Posted by: lbgaus Go to Quoted Post

A way to create fullscreen and/or windowed projectors like in OBS Studio. This probably ties in with the multi-screen GUI interface mentioned above.

There are 2 Fullscreens that can be assigned to any input or output you want, as well as any monitor/projector you want.

What exactly are you looking for that you don't already have?
knbPixels  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2024 5:30:13 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

Originally Posted by: knbPixels Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

This is what Full Screen is for

Thanks for reminding me about that feature, I'd long forgotten it!
spinfold  
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2024 5:34:44 AM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: WaltG12 Go to Quoted Post

THIS!

I don't understand the question?

I just want it to be so that if you add an input with 10 layers onto a layer of another input, that layer appears (and can be scaled/moved) exactly the same as the first input does.
nikosman88  
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2024 7:59:21 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)

THIS!

I just want it to be so that if you add an input with 10 layers onto a layer of another input, that layer appears (and can be scaled/moved) exactly the same as the first input does.

I agree. Also i would like to be able to use the new layer designer even if the main position of the input is changed!
Other than this my personal desires is to see in Vmix some "obs" things. For example i would like to be able to log in youtube and other services inside a vmix browser input. The ability to ndi out any type of input like obs does with it`s ndi plugin. A way like the obs multioutput plugin to have as many destinations user wants without interfere with the outputs 1-4. Yes these plugins not work everytime 100% correct. But this im waiting from Vmix. To take these non professional plugins/tricks but usefull for some users and turn them to a professional and stable way
paco3346  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2024 10:30:11 AM(UTC)
paco3346

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 31 post(s)

THIS!

That's why Martin increased the number of mixes to 16. Is it ideal? No, but at least now we have it.
fgolman  
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2024 10:20:44 AM(UTC)
fgolman

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
1 more outputs
2 more customization in the UI so I can eliminate certain options (EG, close, pause input, etc)
3 a way to avoid having audio only sources appear in video area
4 Zoom inputs mirrored to NDI isolated outputs

And most of all (and it should be really simple) a check box to automatically launch a script when a preset is loaded with the script saved for that preset.
knbPixels  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2024 2:14:10 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

I would love the trigger functions in vMix to be expanded to include not only "OnCountdownCompleted", But also "OnCountdownTime" and then the options for greater than, less than, and equals to a countdown timer reaching a specific mark. I would use this for triggering actions based on the time remaining of a countdown timer.
knbPixels  
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2024 12:48:18 AM(UTC)
knbPixels

United States

I would love the ability to either:

A) Lock the volume fader on audio inputs in the mixer
or
B) Disable the ability to use the scroll wheel on inputs in the audio mixer

I tend to use the scroll wheel to move up and down in the mixer, and I have to be very careful not to accidentally change a fader level when I scroll, it's very easy to do.
Gary2theO  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2024 3:39:21 AM(UTC)
Gary2theO

United States

2 Things I would love to see.

1)Effects being recorded in replay. Would like to use LUTs in vMix but currently cannot because they do not transfer over to replay when being recorded
2)Shortcuts to turn triggers on/off. We currently used different triggers on different days and wouldn't mind to ability to script turning triggers on/off
mavik  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2024 4:32:52 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
1. Select an input for vMixCall return video
2. Default image for when the call is disconnected
3. Better PTZ control like in wirecast or NDI Monitor