logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Papo  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2024 3:12:00 AM(UTC)
Papo

Groups: Registered
Peru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Greetings, can you take the data from the API, for example, the playback time of a video towards a simple title through datasource?
example
1.- I have a video in input 1 playing
2.- in a simple title entry, I want to have the time of the video.
The important issue is that I want to obtain that data to the title, from the same vmix api, through data source

Name: XML
URL/Filename: http://localhost:8088/API
XPath: /vmix/inputs[0]/@position

I have been trying some examples and nothing, please is it just the syntax or what am I doing wrong.
greetings
translated from Spanish to English by Google
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2024 4:52:44 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Papo Go to Quoted Post
Greetings, can you take the data from the API, for example, the playback time of a video towards a simple title through datasource?
example
1.- I have a video in input 1 playing
2.- in a simple title entry, I want to have the time of the video.
The important issue is that I want to obtain that data to the title, from the same vmix api, through data source

Name: XML
URL/Filename: http://localhost:8088/API
XPath: /vmix/inputs[0]/@position

I have been trying some examples and nothing, please is it just the syntax or what am I doing wrong.
greetings

why get that info through a datasource when it can be retrieved from the vMx API XML and end directly to the title. besides if you do it through a datasource you will have to convert it into a readable time anyways

please check the scripting for dummies post in this forum for the multiple example doing just that (first page even)

you say you want the time of the video (duration?) but in your xpath attempt you are looking for the position
On another note, vmix datasource will not let you retrieve a single value but can a single input with all its details ( //input[@number='0'] ) but will hardpresssed to get fast updates
Papo  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2024 6:32:00 AM(UTC)
Papo

Peru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
1.- I do not have the ability to use the scripts due to the license, so the use of scripts is ruled out.
2.- As an example I wrote the playback time which I think is different from the duration time, I think

It is rare that I cannot access the attributes of an entry, I would like to at least have that data in the data source.

doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2024 6:55:00 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Papo Go to Quoted Post
1.- I do not have the ability to use the scripts due to the license, so the use of scripts is ruled out.
2.- As an example I wrote the playback time which I think is different from the duration time, I think

It is rare that I cannot access the attributes of an entry, I would like to at least have that data in the data source.

if you want the API XML API as a datasource and retrieve the duration and position as is using the xpath ( //input[@number='0'] ) like i wrote before you get all the details of that input then just pick which column you want in your title as per usual datasource connection use to a title