logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PeterJay  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2024 7:29:46 AM(UTC)
PeterJay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just had an issue, for the first time in years, where -some- of the images, the images (logos etc.) in overlays, and the titles (lower thirds) all came up blank and offline. The camera inputs and .mp4 pre-roll loops remained OK. We were about to do a broadcast, so I made the main video live, and then created new inputs and re-did the couple of overlays I needed on-the-fly.

Still scratching my head about how this happened. I had quickly tried restarting vMix and loading the most recently-saved .vmix and .zip saved preset files, but no luck.

None of the file locations had changed, and the lower thirds were in their default locations. Same computer, no intentional changes to the boot drive (where -everything- lives) etc.

vMix 4k (licensed), 27.0.0.72 x64, Windows 10 Pro, fully patched.

I'll be doing a post-mortem on this, and see if any previous saved files have the same issue, but any ideas?

SOLVED: OK simply wacky. None of the file paths to the images changed, and certainly not to the titles, as they were left at defaults - and as noted, EVERYTHING was on the native C drive. But the problem was solved by rebooting the PC. All works as before - older .vmix and .zip files open just fine.

Go figure. Even though the PC is a fast one, and the boot drive is an SSD, a broadcast had started, so I worked with what I had going, and I didn't need anything too fancy from vMix. The reboot, however, was the fix.
Barney Box Lane  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2024 11:33:08 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I've had this too but all my actual gt titles have disappeared, file paths are still there, and they're no longer in input recent, gt designer recent, or anywhere on my pc even after a reboot, even a recent one I moved onto the computer isn't in my downloads or file explorer recent list or recycle bin, not sure what's occured.
PeterJay  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2024 12:15:06 AM(UTC)
PeterJay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That's wackier than my issue. I have no clue.
thanks 1 user thanked PeterJay for this useful post.
Barney Box Lane on 4/22/2024(UTC)
Barney Box Lane  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2024 7:10:29 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Super solved - It's from originally opening it from a shortcut!