logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
williejnr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2024 11:33:18 AM(UTC)
williejnr

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

hello,
* I'm having issues with audio coming out of my vmix into my Pa System mixer (cq18).
* The sound does come out of my cpu (hpz840 workstation) when I play a video through YouTube, but there is no sound coming out of vmix to my PA System.
* When I Play a video through VMIX, you can hear the sound on our livestream, but you can't hear the sound coming in the church area.
Can you please tell me what im doing wrong.

I'm using an aux from CPU to mixer,
and USB from CPU to mixer.
I tried both and I still have no sound.

in audio out in settings, my master shows my mixer.
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2024 12:52:31 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
It might be helpful if you posted a screen grab of the Audio Outputs tab from vMix's Settings, the one that shows all the audio output device assignments. A picture is useful alongside a text description.
Salvatore  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2024 6:05:43 AM(UTC)
Salvatore

Italy

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
you have to set your cq18 as output device and specify the audio channels.
See „Advanced - Using an External Audio Mixer“: https://www.vmix.com/help27/RecordingAudio.html

If you use one of the eight independent audio buses A-G, be shure to turn the Bus on:
Click the M, A or B buttons underneath each input to configure each independent each mix. By default all new inputs will be sent to the Master mix only.
To enable or disable mixes C-G right click the A or B buttons to display a selection menu.
https://www.vmix.com/help27/Mixer.html
See also the new AudioBusManager in v27
https://www.vmix.com/help27/AudioBusManager.html

also check the audio routing ( especially the Channel Matrix)
https://www.vmix.com/help27/AudioSettings.html
achpromo  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2024 2:34:45 PM(UTC)
achpromo

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: williejnr Go to Quoted Post
hello,
* I'm having issues with audio coming out of my vmix into my Pa System mixer (cq18).
* The sound does come out of my cpu (hpz840 workstation) when I play a video through YouTube, but there is no sound coming out of vmix to my PA System.
* When I Play a video through VMIX, you can hear the sound on our livestream, but you can't hear the sound coming in the church area.
Can you please tell me what im doing wrong.

I'm using an aux from CPU to mixer,
and USB from CPU to mixer.
I tried both and I still have no sound.

in audio out in settings, my master shows my mixer.

It seems like you've got the right idea with using both an aux cable and USB connection from your CPU to the mixer. Have you tried testing each connection separately to see if one works over the other?
thanks 1 user thanked achpromo for this useful post.
williejnr on 4/18/2024(UTC)
mavik  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2024 10:42:14 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
This might help you in understanding how to connect and configure vMix and your mixer
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
williejnr on 4/18/2024(UTC)
williejnr  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2024 10:40:18 AM(UTC)
williejnr

New Zealand

thank you all for your help, i did try it usb and aux serperately, sound was coming through the mixer with aux and usb when i played Youtube, but nothing was coming through the mixer when i played a video through vmix.
williejnr  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2024 7:51:13 AM(UTC)
williejnr

New Zealand

i'm not sure why it worked, but all i did was unplugged the aux that was connected to the mixer, and plugged the headphones in, and it started to worked on the headphones, then plugged the aux cable back in from the mixer, and the sound went through the mixer.
Roy Sinclair  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2024 8:00:17 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
You should be using an ASIO driver for the CQ18t in your vMix machine. However all audio from vMix ought to be going out on an audio Bus that is connected to a pair of channels (or stereo) in your mixer and then fed BACK into vMIx from an output mix on the CQ18t.

That way you can "mix" the audio for the stream or recording at the mixer board which is far better for those purposes than vMix. That should not be your house mix though as the house sound will have the live sound as well as the mixer sound but your stream will be mixer sound only so make sure you have a separate mix and monitor it.

In vMix then you'll have an input that will be nothing but the sound returned from the mixer which you feed to the stream.

That's the basic setup we use though our mixer is an M32.

I HAVE had trouble when the computer gets booted before the mixer board is turned on, sometimes vMix likes to reassign the channels so make sure you know which channels are input and which channels are output in vMix since you may have to change them (restart of vMix is requested but if just changing channels it's not needed). It is nice only needing a single USB cable between the vMix PC and the Mixer.