logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ceejperilous  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2024 4:32:31 AM(UTC)
ceejperilous

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey fellow vMixers.

I am relatively new to the software and use it to record a podcast with multiple remote performers. Recently we are experimenting with rotating logos on screen using the Overlay functionality. When we switch scenes, however, if the overlays are still on the screen, they will clash with the new layout of inputs.

Obviously, one fix is to just make sure we fade out of the overlay before we make cut to different scenes. No problem doing so, just something that I will have to remember when directing. But, is there any way to set the overlays up so they automatically cut out on transition to a new scene?

Thanks,
Ceej
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2024 5:00:30 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ceejperilous Go to Quoted Post
Hey fellow vMixers.

I am relatively new to the software and use it to record a podcast with multiple remote performers. Recently we are experimenting with rotating logos on screen using the Overlay functionality. When we switch scenes, however, if the overlays are still on the screen, they will clash with the new layout of inputs.

Obviously, one fix is to just make sure we fade out of the overlay before we make cut to different scenes. No problem doing so, just something that I will have to remember when directing. But, is there any way to set the overlays up so they automatically cut out on transition to a new scene?

Thanks,
Ceej

sort of depends on how you switch the inputs , manual or shortcuts
One can use triggers on the inputs one is switching to or shortcuts combined with the switching shortcut

the helpfiles have a whole list of available shortcuts

Also helpfull is to go through the multiple vMix video tutorials
ceejperilous  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2024 5:09:45 AM(UTC)
ceejperilous

United States

Have been switching manually, but I will checkout the shortcuts to see if there's anything that can help this!