logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bram Kortleven  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 5:26:08 AM(UTC)
Bram Kortleven

Groups: Registered
Belgium

first of all: I'm not a scripter or developer, so no experience at all, but I can read scripts and follow logic...

I'm trying to work out a setup like this:
In our school radio studio, mAirlist (our Audio playout software) writes the 'current song' info (Artist - Title for music or just Title for jingles/news/wheater report/...) in a central txt file when the studio is 'on air'.
I designed a GT Title using the txt file as a data source, refreshing the content every second. The GT Title displays the Artist - Title info perfectly as an overlay (overlay 4 to be exact), but it stays 'on' unless you shut it off (I have installed a small programmable keyboard and use programmed keystrokes to enable/disable the overlay)
What I would really like is the following, in a script:

When the content of the txt file holding the Artist - Title information changes, transition the GT title in on overlay number 4 and start some kind of counter to transition it out after 15 seconds.

I searched the examples posted here in the previous years, but couldn't (or I mislooked/misread and did a wrong search) find an example doing something on a datasource/txt file change, combined with a timer...

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 5:37:40 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bram Kortleven Go to Quoted Post
first of all: I'm not a scripter or developer, so no experience at all, but I can read scripts and follow logic...

I'm trying to work out a setup like this:
In our school radio studio, mAirlist (our Audio playout software) writes the 'current song' info (Artist - Title for music or just Title for jingles/news/wheater report/...) in a central txt file when the studio is 'on air'.
I designed a GT Title using the txt file as a data source, refreshing the content every second. The GT Title displays the Artist - Title info perfectly as an overlay (overlay 4 to be exact), but it stays 'on' unless you shut it off (I have installed a small programmable keyboard and use programmed keystrokes to enable/disable the overlay)
What I would really like is the following, in a script:

When the content of the txt file holding the Artist - Title information changes, transition the GT title in on overlay number 4 and start some kind of counter to transition it out after 15 seconds.

I searched the examples posted here in the previous years, but couldn't (or I mislooked/misread and did a wrong search) find an example doing something on a datasource/txt file change, combined with a timer...

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

One can read the content of a title (some examples in scripting for dummies post ). In the script keep track of it in a variable and keep reading. If youre track and latest read are different you start a counter or add a sleep before the action you want. Change the track variable to the latest and repeat process