logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ham4u62  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 12:07:21 AM(UTC)
Ham4u62

Groups: Registered
Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Hi
I am a vmix user for a long time and very saticified for using it specially for CG.During this experience I faced with some things that can be add our solve in future release.

1.GT Title Designer :
When I add a title as a preset, the text and image value save in preset but problem here is that you can't add visiblity,text justification, text color and format for some part of text to this preset ,so I have to design another title to solve this problem. If you add text format and justification to title editor and add visiblity and format to preset as a value it is very handy and useful.
Another problem in GT is text bounting with backtitle.It work for LTR not RTL. I means backtilte increase from right and we can't increse it from left for RTL language.
Adding Position animation is very good to change position of a object form one place to anoter place for more animation feauture beside fade ,fly and so on.

2. Data Source:

When I add a Data Source to a text value for example RSS link in ticker . Auto next is base on time not base on text lenght.
Another problem you can't add text separator between text like news channels in data source.
These are the thing which I faced. If some things is not clear ask me to clarify
BR
H.Asghari
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 1:13:36 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ham4u62 Go to Quoted Post
Hi
I am a vmix user for a long time and very saticified for using it specially for CG.During this experience I faced with some things that can be add our solve in future release.

1.GT Title Designer :
When I add a title as a preset, the text and image value save in preset but problem here is that you can't add visiblity,text justification, text color and format for some part of text to this preset ,so I have to design another title to solve this problem. If you add text format and justification to title editor and add visiblity and format to preset as a value it is very handy and useful.

Adding Position animation is very good to change position of a object form one place to anoter place for more animation feauture beside fade ,fly and so on.

Do not understand what you are trying to say

Quote:

2. Data Source:

When I add a Data Source to a text value for example RSS link in ticker . Auto next is base on time not base on text lenght.
Another problem you can't add text separator between text like news channels in data source.

Solvable using scripting (measure length of text related to ticker length and calculate time before next data , or separator , display)

thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Ham4u62 on 3/27/2024(UTC)
Ham4u62  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 4:22:32 AM(UTC)
Ham4u62

1. Add this feature in Title Editor 👇

Text.PNG (9kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

2.Text Bounding for RTL Language 👇

GT Designer .gif (1,010kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

3. For a single title only text an image address is variable in presets. the visibility, font size,type and color is not variable.
it means when you change font size all presets change. I want to have a different preset with different size, color and ... or sometimes hide a title for a single one and other preset doesn't take effect.

4.Position animation: It means I want to move an object from point 1 to point 2 after e.g fade in or... in GT title designer.

5.for Data Source can you share the script? or its a good feature to add.Those links you share are not free,
doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 5:09:49 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ham4u62 Go to Quoted Post
1. Add this feature in Title Editor 👇

IMO a good desinged title does not need those changes per data change (preset)

Quote:

2.Text Bounding for RTL Language 👇

yes is not available but here is a little trick for now : https://forums.vmix.com/...ble-with-Text#post102405

Quote:

3. For a single title only text an image address is variable in presets. the visibility, font size,type and color is not variable.
it means when you change font size all presets change. I want to have a different preset with different size, color and ... or sometimes hide a title for a single one and other preset doesn't take effect.

While not possible for font and font size the other items are available though title shortcut functions to change on the fly

Quote:

4.Position animation: It means I want to move an object from point 1 to point 2 after e.g fade in or... in GT title designer.

can be achieved by playing with animations: instant fades at the right time and duplicate layers and some imagination etc

Quote:

5.for Data Source can you share the script? or its a good feature to add.

Such scripts is sort of usage specific as it depends on the ticker size, the font used (while multiple texts might have the same number of characters that doesnt mean its the same length), the actual goal etc/ The logic though is pretty basic : read the text and calcuate it length, know the ticker width and the ticker speed and calculate the time needed before one gives the next data pass or content

The available feature is in fact the possibility to script to ones specific needs

PS some of the request have allready been asked for almost a decade!
Ham4u62  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2024 5:42:01 AM(UTC)
Ham4u62

can you share the script for data source? I will customize it.
please share the GT file of videos. specially last one

BW I work with Ross Xpression and these features which I said is available in that soft easily. so I told to add these to vmix to be more powerful.I work with vmix too for some good features.