logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tborland1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2024 5:49:29 AM(UTC)
tborland1

Groups: Registered
United States

I want to use this JVC PTZ camera for a sports event and do not want to run 100 different cables. This camera has PoE and you can control via remote control board. I would also like to use the PTZ Controls on Vmix but I do not think that this model is supported by Vmix PTZ Controls. I want video from this camera but no NDI so I was gonna try RTSP. Can I get a video feed from this camera via Ethernet in any way or no? Any input is appreciated!
Roy Sinclair  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2024 8:36:05 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)

We have four cameras, one is NDI but three of them feed RTSP to our vMix so you can definitely get the video from the camera.

Note that vMix prefers NDI input so if your camera support it use that as your first choice and your JVC camera should also support SRT which is a more reliable protocol than RTSP but vMix doesn't play well with SRT inputs (locks up when shutting down vMix).

If the camera supports PTZ over the network then it's likely vMix supports it but check their supported cameras list anyway https://www.vmix.com/sof...ardware.aspx#ptz-cameras .