logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KnKproductions  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2024 3:38:11 AM(UTC)
KnKproductions

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Reposting from SRT forum, don't think anyone reads there...

Been using Larix Broadcaster on a phone for an easy mobile camera on LAN connection, it's great.
Have only used my android phone with premium Larix which is capped at 30fps, and experimented with an iPhone.
Using an iPhone, you can run up to 120fps however the SRT listen (vmix input) only shows 60fps.

My question is:

Has anyone had any success using SRT at 120fps? I plan on using a couple iPhones as slo-mo replay cameras and this would be an amazing, cost-effective option for that.

Will be testing a paid/premium Larix Broadcaster account probably this weekend on an iPhone 11 Pro Max to see if it still just shows 60fps on the input when the SRT is sending 120fps...

Is SRT in vMix capped at 60fps? Or is there something else I'm just not seeing for a setting?

Even if it doesn't work, a 60fps iPhone looks much smoother than the 30fps android and will be switching the mobile cam to the iPhone anyways.

Last two options I have is the Panasonic GH6 and Magewell Pro Convert 4k to get 1080p120, or the Aida NDI PTZ that does 120fps.
GH6/Magewell option would be $2500, Aida PTZ is cheaper at $1500 but it's ptz and wouldn't look great...
Those high prices are what's steering me away from those options.

Thanks,
Andy