logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DThompson55  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2024 10:54:05 PM(UTC)
DThompson55

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This bit us hard yesterday. We added a Zoom input. It wasn't until we went live that we realized it was sending everything out on busses A and B even though they were not enabled. Where do I report that as a bug?

(We normally use those busses to send audio back to aux inputs on our mixing board so people in our church sanctuary can hear videos that are played on vMix. In this case it created a delay loop or echo that took several minutes to isolate.)
koinonia  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2024 7:11:15 AM(UTC)
koinonia

Originally Posted by: DThompson55 Go to Quoted Post
This bit us hard yesterday. We added a Zoom input. It wasn't until we went live that we realized it was sending everything out on busses A and B even though they were not enabled. Where do I report that as a bug?

(We normally use those busses to send audio back to aux inputs on our mixing board so people in our church sanctuary can hear videos that are played on vMix. In this case it created a delay loop or echo that took several minutes to isolate.)

I can confirm this bug. With the vMix 27.0.0.69 and the latest zoom plugin.
admin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2024 10:08:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
For any bug reports, please use the Contact Us page and send a Support Report in vMix showing the issue occurring at the time of sending the report.

https://www.vmix.com/contact-us.aspx

I have just tested and can confirm the Zoom input only sends to Bus A or B if these are specifically turned on.
I have turned them on and off and done test recordings of the audio buses selected as the audio sources to be sure, so there must be something else in your
setup causing this issue, such as selecting the same audio output in Settings -> Audio Outputs for the Buses as you have set for Master.

In any case, we can see what is happening if you send a support report.
DThompson55  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2024 2:49:29 AM(UTC)
DThompson55

United States

Now that we're no longer in the heat of battle we're trying to reproduce the problem, but cannot. Maybe something changed on our end. Maybe some newer version of something got installed. There's a lot of fingers in this pie. For now we'll just carry on, and if it comes back we'll report the bug.

Thanks for your helpful suggestion.