logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
christianb  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2024 6:11:06 PM(UTC)
christianb

Groups: Registered
Netherlands

20240228_090811.jpg (612kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 20240228_090811.jpg (612kb) downloaded 1 time(s).Via companion/streamdeck I have 4 buttons with which I can choose which input is sent to fullscreenoutput 1. What I can't do yet is how to get feedback on the button that is active. Does anyone have experience with this, and know which api to use to get the status in the feedback from companion ?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2024 6:46:34 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: christianb Go to Quoted Post
Via companion/streamdeck I have 4 buttons with which I can choose which input is sent to fullscreenoutput 1. What I can't do yet is how to get feedback on the button that is active. Does anyone have experience with this, and know which api to use to get the status in the feedback from companion ?

Don't know via companion but with the standard SD app its pretty easy

All under the same button
A sHortcut to set a dynamicInput the the input you want to go to the fullscreen combined with shortcut to select the DynamicInput into the fullscreen
Create activator on the DynamicInput with the same input and specify the color for the SD Button
For nicer look choose another color ( instead of black) add a standard activator for this same button

https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post98564

Maybe Companion can do it in the same way
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2024 7:37:38 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Unfortunately there is no info in vMix's API about which Input is in Fullscreen.

With Companion you could use the method with Dynamic Input values as doggy suggests, and then in the button's Feedback check if the variable $(vmix_dynamic_input_1) is what you have on the button (e.g. "ppt") to change the background colour.

Unfortunately there are a few caveats with that, due to how vMix works.

First, you need one of the only four available DynamicInput variables. Second, if you manually change the Fullscreen source in vMix's dropdown the DynamicInput does not change. Third, if you move Inputs around, the Fullscreen selection does not follow.

Instead, what we do, is to create a blank colour Input (e.g. FS1) and change a layer on it to be the desired Input (e.g. "ppt", "foto", etc). You could have a Companion button action to do that, including also an action to Fullscreen the "FS1" Input (in case Inputs have been moved around). Then for Feedback to change the button's background colour you could check the variable for what is on that layer.

Alternatively you could use a Mix Input instead of a blank Input, and with Companion actions switch what Input ("ppt", "foto", etc) to show as well as use the corresponding variable for feedback. Unfortunately the latter is only the Mix Input's number (i.e. not the Name or GUID). And the Mix Input can only be referenced to by it's sequential number, which (again) changes if Mix Inputs are moved around. (More about that in my rant https://forums.vmix.com/...y-Input-numbers-allowed)
doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2024 7:51:25 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Third, if you move Inputs around, the Fullscreen selection does not follow.

Again dont know about companion , but when i specify the input names both for setdynamic and uncheck the assign to input number for the dynamic activator one can freely move the inputs around
christianb  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2024 7:59:38 PM(UTC)
christianb

Netherlands

Thanks, it also worked with the dynamic inputs in companion. Sometimes a little push in the right direction is just enough. Thanks.

Thanks richardgatarski, shifting does not work indeed. I will also test your solution.
richardgatarski  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2024 10:14:44 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
when i specify the input names both for setdynamic and uncheck the assign to input number for the dynamic activator one can freely move the inputs around

Please correct me if I am wrong, but when setting which Input to use for Fullscreen, it is the Inputs number (not its name) that is remembered by vMix.

So, if that Input is moved to another position you will end up with some other Input on Fullscreen.
doggy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 29, 2024 12:24:48 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
when i specify the input names both for setdynamic and uncheck the assign to input number for the dynamic activator one can freely move the inputs around

Please correct me if I am wrong, but when setting which Input to use for Fullscreen, it is the Inputs number (not its name) that is remembered by vMix.

So, if that Input is moved to another position you will end up with some other Input on Fullscreen.

Works with dragging into other position by mouse. might be an issue using a shortcut or right clicking an input configure and move

Screenshot 2024-02-28 151112.jpg (41kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Screenshot 2024-02-28 151154.jpg (44kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Screenshot 2024-02-28 151522.jpg (34kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
richardgatarski  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 29, 2024 6:43:34 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

doggy,

thanks for the nice screenshots! Of course that way works.

My intention was to warn for what might happen when the Input is moved, AFTER it has been sent to Fullscreen. I did not make that clear, which I apologize for.

This might seem to be not a big deal. But for us it has in a number of cases.

Side note: The Companion Connection for vMix do not care about Activators. Instead Companion's Feedback system can read a huge number of variables created from the API, including the DynamicX variables content. Companion can also trigger if, for example, DynamicInput4 changes and set the colour of a button accordingly.

cheers,

/richard
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
doggy on 2/29/2024(UTC)