logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TL68  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2024 6:35:03 PM(UTC)
TL68

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!
Looking at scaling up from one vMix instance to 3 or 4 others on other PC:s running the same inputs and titles etc, but with different srt streaming and some other local specific settings.
The "first move" seems to be pretty straightforward. Just copying the settings file and associated media files seems to work.

But further on when I for example update a title on the "master" setup. What is the best practice to move this to the other instances? I don´t want to copy a complete setting file which will override to much stuff on the other pc.

I guess using append may be the way. But here I have couple of questions:

If i edit the existing title "lower3rd" in the master setup and save it with a new settings file, and then append it to the other installation, will it replace the existing "lower3rd" and still have the same input number? And more important: will it have the same unique id which I use in the connected streamdeck/companion panel setup?

Next one:
If I create a new title with a new associated companion/streamdeck button in the master and save in a new preset and append from it into the other installation, Will it have the same unique ID on the new instance so that the companion/streamdeck button config also can be copied from the master and still work?

Thanks in advance for any input!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2024 6:41:26 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 921 time(s) in 760 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TL68 Go to Quoted Post

If i edit the existing title "lower3rd" in the master setup and save it with a new settings file, and then append it to the other installation, will it replace the existing "lower3rd" and still have the same input number? And more important: will it have the same unique id which I use in the connected streamdeck/companion panel setup?

Next one:
If I create a new title with a new associated companion/streamdeck button in the master and save in a new preset and append from it into the other installation, Will it have the same unique ID on the new instance so that the companion/streamdeck button config also can be copied from the master and still work?

Doubt it but easy to find out yourself, check the various API XML files on the various instances (ID,NR, Name) after you apended the inputs (dont forget one can also move input positions ;-) )

BTW what do you mean by UPDATE the title ?
TL68  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2024 7:30:57 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Next one:

Doubt it but easy to find out yourself, check the various API XML files on the various instances (ID,NR, Name) after you apended the inputs (dont forget one can also move input positions ;-) )

Thanks for replying. Guess I just do some trial and error.
Regarding update I mean changing for example fonts, backgrouns boxes etc in an existing title and then get the updated titel to another instance and keep functionality like the connection from companion/streamdeck
/T

doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2024 10:09:51 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Next one:

Regarding update I mean changing for example fonts, backgrouns boxes etc in an existing title and then get the updated titel to another instance and keep functionality like the connection from companion/streamdeck
/T

Can you not duplicate the change instruction but send to the other machine (IP) using httprequests ?
TL68  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2024 1:44:48 AM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

Next one:

/T

Can you not duplicate the change instruction but send to the other machine (IP) using httprequests ?

Sorry but I don´t understand xml, httprequests and other technical stuff on code level
doggy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2024 2:06:25 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Next one:

/T

Sorry but I don´t understand xml, httprequests and other technical stuff on code level

The XML refered to is the API XML which you can view in a browser with the link http://127.0.0.1:8088/api ( for the local machine.
It will give you all kind of information regarding your setup and current syayus of inputs and more * in XML form)
Specific information can be retrieved using vMix scripts for example to act upon etc ( lots of examples in the "scripting for dummies" posts in this forum)

There are various ways to send commands /instructions in vMix often initiated with shortcuts, but can also be send using httprequests meaning one is not limited to the current machine to send commands ( see the vMix helpfiles)
Streamdeck can handle both for example

A basic understanding of the above will greatly advance your capabilities of your vMix operation and will answer quite a few of your initial questions
TL68  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2024 9:05:56 PM(UTC)
TL68

Sweden

I tried updating an existing title with the vmix title editor in the master setting instance and saved it. And then appended it to the other instance. This created a new title in the new instance with same name. So this wont work so well (the companion/streamdeck connections has to be remapped etc).

I think I´ll have to look att saving and moving entire new settings files for this and then adjust the settings that has to be local on each new machine.