logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scoreboardguy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2024 3:07:44 AM(UTC)
scoreboardguy

Groups: Registered
Canada

I have created a Python script that reads JSON data and then sends web commands to mix. It works very well and pretty consistently. I now want to make this program more consumer-ready. During this I begin reading about the built in scrippting in vmix and questioning if my direction is the best way to go.

My simple question is, Is it better to use python or vb.net for vmix automations?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2024 3:56:51 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scoreboardguy Go to Quoted Post
I have created a Python script that reads JSON data and then sends web commands to mix. It works very well and pretty consistently. I now want to make this program more consumer-ready. During this I begin reading about the built in scrippting in vmix and questioning if my direction is the best way to go.

My simple question is, Is it better to use python or vb.net for vmix automations?

It all depends (on the goal)
vMix script can not handler JSON manipulation but can XML for example (vb.net) amongst many other things (see scripting for dummies post in this forum)
Using vb.net in an external app or Python etc can however
A combination is also possible ( for example convert JSON to XML externally and process further within vMix scripting)