logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tsioukas  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2024 3:55:42 AM(UTC)
tsioukas

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I can't get HD quality (720p) using the vMix Zoom plugin. I've utilized a licensed user account (Zoom One Pro) and attempted connections both as a host and a client. Additionally, I've connected a 4K webcam and I use even an virtual camera (NDI webcam) as source and vMix Video.

Despite selecting 1080p or 720p in Max Participant Resolution upon starting as a host or connecting to Zoom, I'm unable to get HD quality.

- HD quality is checked on Zoom client video settings.
- Meeting-HD Video Quality is enabled on Zoom account settings.

It's noteworthy that I can achieve HD quality with another software with my account, specifically VideoCom Bridge for Zoom.

Furthermore, the return feed resolution, both as a host and a client, is reduced to 640x360. I've installed the latest versions of the Zoom plugin and vMix (27.0.0.68).

Do you have any insights or suggestions to address this issue?
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2024 5:00:01 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Wild guess is that your vMix PC does not have sufficient CPU to maintain higher resolutions. Zoom (I guess the SDK tools too) checks this and scales down it it thinks necessary. At least we have obtained 720p (and higher with just two participants).

Try running vMix with the desired Settings and Preset, but no Zoom Inputs, and the Zoom app hosting a meeting and check there what resolution you get. (Point is to stress the PC at the same level as when doing Zoom inside vMix).
tsioukas  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2024 5:33:36 AM(UTC)
tsioukas

Man
Greece

Thank you for your answer, but my system specs are:

- CPU : Intel Core i7-11800H
- GPU : NVIDIA RTX 3070
- RAM : 16Gb
- SSD : NVMe up to 7Gb/sec read/write
- Network: 600Mbps symmetric (Fiber) connected with ethernet.
- vMix License : 4K (but I am running 1080p projects)

All loads (CPU/GPU) are under 15-20% and memory load is on 30%. Zoom Client connected with an idedical laptop as vMix laptop and both running on perfomance mode.

vMix 27 installed with a clean install so is in default settings. Also, as I said I get HD resolution with VideoCom Bridge for Zoom and of course Zoom Clients are easily run on HD.

EDIT : I just tested to connect from one vMix (Host) to another vMix (client) but I keep getting 640x360.
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2024 12:35:42 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4173 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
Note that as per the Zoom documentation, you need to manually contact Zoom support and have them enable HD.
This is even if you have HD options available in your Zoom account settings, these still won't apply unless Zoom support enables it specifically for your accounts.

https://support.zoom.com...ysparm_article=KB0066166

The account where it has been enabled then needs to the one hosting the Zoom meeting.

We're not sure why you are seeing different results with VideoCom Bridge, perhaps they are using a different method.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
sinc747 on 2/9/2024(UTC)
tsioukas  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 29, 2024 5:20:55 AM(UTC)
tsioukas

Man
Greece

I found time to make some extensive investigation and tests, and it became clear that the issue did not stem from the vMix Zoom addon.

Upon closer examination, I observed that my Zoom account was inexplicably restricted to 640x360 in both the Zoom Client and VideoCom Bridge for Zoom (a limitation that was not present in the past). Subsequently, I reached out to Zoom support, and they made adjustments in the backend to enable HD video on my account.

While I adhered to the guidelines outlined here https://support.zoom.com...sysparm_article=KB006616 the specific cause of the problem remains unclear.

If anyone encounters a similar issue and has exhausted all other troubleshooting options, I recommend reaching out to the technical support team. They were able to rectify the situation promptly, and it's likely they can assist in resolving similar problems for others.

Thank you