logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emartinkgw  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 4:01:25 AM(UTC)
emartinkgw

Groups: Registered
United States

I've seen some discussions on this forum before regarding corrupted (distorted/gargling) audio on embedded audio program output on BlackMagic Decklink cards. We've been struggling with this issue for a year, as its intermittent and comes and goes randomly. Normally, when we activate external output audio is clean. Every once in a while, (maybe once a week) on a daily broadcast we'll activate external output and audio will be distorted. A quick refresh of the external output will fix the issues. However, we've had a few instances lately where the corruption will happen during broadcast after the audio preshow tested fine. All drivers and version are up to date. I have this Decklink card in three different VMIX Machines and the I've seen the problem come up on all of them. Since its an intermittent issue, I don't think its a sample rate mismatch.

Anyone run into the same issue and have some insight? Card I'm using is Blackmagic Design DeckLink Quad 2 8-Channel 3G-SDI Capture & Playback Card

Also, I'm thinking of buying a KONA Card just to handle the output and see if it performs any better. Any KONA users out there that can ease my mind on their superior performance? :)

Thanks,
EM
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 4:19:57 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Hello. I think this problem has to do with something in pc specs or something around it. These days my gpu 1060 has been damaged and as im using the pc for 24/7 streaming until the new gpu arrives, im using the internal amd graphics. The external is decklink mini monitor 4k. I was doing external at 1080 50i and everything ok. With the internal graphics i had the audio distortion that i see in some posts. I lowered to 576i (only the external out and not the whole preset as i continue to stream to 1080i - unfortunatelly 720i says not exist) and 2 days now no problem.
DaveT  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2024 3:12:50 AM(UTC)
DaveT

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We just started having this issue from one of our machines once we upgraded it to VMix 27.

Random. Hard to replicate (have tried for hours to replicate while not live). Has hit us while live twice in the past week.

Never an issue on VMix 25 and 26 on the machine.

PC is a 16-core AMD 5950X 16-core with 3080ti using a Quad 2 card. Still using just two external outs.

Internal records and NDI audio outputs are clean.
Salvatore  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2024 5:56:54 AM(UTC)
Salvatore

Italy

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello EM
this matter has preoccupied us for a long time. We use several systems with the Decklink Duo cards. Peter1000 had a workaround for this two years ago. Since then we start the external input two or three times before every show.

https://forums.vmix.com/...fline-after-vMIX-restart