logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Germain  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2014 5:22:13 PM(UTC)
Germain

Groups: Registered

How many input cameras can i connect on 4K and HD I/O for Thunderbolt.
I have 3 JVC GY-HM600 ProHD Camera and i want to broadcast using vMix 4K Live Production?
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2014 9:23:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi Germain,

Please do not post in multiple places and private messages. It will only take longer to answer your query.
The AJA Io 4K / vMix Thunder supports up to 4 simultaneous HD-SDI inputs or 1 4K input.

It works with any thunderbolt laptop with decent graphics.

At the moment we are still finalising a list of laptops we recommend, we should have a list early next year.

It does not work with the ATEM, this is a dedicated switcher and does not integrate with vMix.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

mediax  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 12:09:50 AM(UTC)
mediax

Groups: Registered

admin wrote:
Hi Germain,

Please do not post in multiple places and private messages. It will only take longer to answer your query.
The AJA Io 4K / vMix Thunder supports up to 4 simultaneous HD-SDI inputs or 1 4K input.

It works with any thunderbolt laptop with decent graphics.

At the moment we are still finalising a list of laptops we recommend, we should have a list early next year.

It does not work with the ATEM, this is a dedicated switcher and does not integrate with vMix.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Please need clarification, does vMix Thunder support up to 4 simultaneous 3G HD-SDI inputs of 1080p50 ? Thanks.
vMixSystems  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 12:06:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

We have success with both versions of Thunderbolt up to 4 HD-SDI inputs but recognize 1080p60 is 3Gbps and Thunder v1 provides 10Gbps. For high framerate work including 4K/UHD, my recommendation is to focus on laptops with Thunderbolt v2 as it doubles the bandwidth over v1 and will give you the headroom to push data. We list them on the vMix Thunder page. If you will be at NAB this year, we are demonstrating vMix Thunder on an MSI WS60 with Thunderbolt v2.

Performance within vMix is also an important consideration. If you do a lot of graphic overlays, chroma-key, image manipulation, etc, you may prefer a v1 model with a Nvidia Geforce display adapter that gives higher performance in vMix. All of the current v2 laptops have Quadro displays, which work fine with tweaking but lower clock speed results in higher render numbers.

Hope this helps
Ken Bell
StudioCoast Systems