logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FearsOfWar  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2024 2:37:11 PM(UTC)
FearsOfWar

Groups: Registered
United States

So I'm kinda new to all this, coming from OBS. Bumped up to vMix to start doing 4K, and I'm at my wits end on this. What should be a rather simple set up is driving me up the wall. I'll break it down.

I run a pro wrestling show and I only use 2 cameras. We call them hard cam (stationary, doesnt move at all) and roving cam (the one with the guy behind it running around). I'm trying to run a VERY basic set up. I run an audio input from the microphone on my hard cam, a 2nd from my TASCAM 4x4HR audio interface for a single commentator, and a 3rd one from the same interface for the 2nd commentator.

I (thought) I set it up to 1 went to Master & BUSA, 2 to Master & B, Hardcam Audio to Master & C. This way, I can normalize audio & clean up each individual input before rendering down.

However, when I pull it into Resolve, Master created 2 audio tracks with all the aduio. BUS A, B, & C created 2 audio tracks each... but are empty. No sound at all, the waveform is just flat. The one labled Hardcam Audio in the mixer, I right clicked & checked C, just as a heads up.

I've seen vMix do what I need to do before because I've done some post editing work for other shows before that had it exactly like that, and they all use vMix as well.

What am I doing wrong here?

UserPostedImage

And if anyone has any insight on to why Resolve is only pulling like 4 seconds of my 20 second test record as well, that would be awesome too. Not my main concern right now. It plays in VLC just fine, so it's probably a codec issue I can Handbrake.
kross  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2024 2:54:02 PM(UTC)
kross

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
In the recording settings, I think you want to enable the WAV output option. This will record the audio busses to different tracks in a WAV audio file. Then you can drop that into Resolve under your video file. That's what I do, because for some reason Resolve doesn't recognize all the audio tracks in an mp4 file.