logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mib1983  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2024 7:58:55 PM(UTC)
mib1983

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi guys, Bogdan from BlitzTechnology here,

We want to use vMix for a mobile VAR System that we intend on using it on different production like 3x3 basketball, water polo and so on. For maximum accuracy we will use 1080/120p preset with 4 or 6 1080/120p NDI inputs and 2 or 4 SDI inputs video signal 1080/60p having in total 8 inputs for the video replay. We want to use it with the XKE-64 Jog T-bar or with the ShuttlePRO v2 and a Streamdeck. A part from all of this replay features we also would like to have a zoom in / zoom out function for one of the replay channel.

My question is if someone did this succesufully and can guide me with some details about the system specification of the vMix machine and also what router/switch we should use. Or there is allready a solution for all I mentioned above, thank you.

thanks 1 user thanked mib1983 for this useful post.
vvcvvc on 1/29/2024(UTC)
Ario  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2024 10:08:50 PM(UTC)
Ario

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi Bogdan,
we run 8 cam VAR (5x5 basketball) with SDI 1080p50, StreamDeck (zoom in, out) and Shuttle Pro.

Are you sure you want to do 120 fps?
Will require quite a heavy machine.

We used NDI quite a lot (Netgear AV 4250 switch) but it kept frustrating us, so we went back to SDI mostly.
NDI works great, until it doesn't. And then you will never find out why sources drop or completely disappear on your network.
Only computer / switch reboots usually help and when live, you just can't afford those.

Cheers from Arie