logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TKansora  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2024 11:13:59 AM(UTC)
TKansora

Groups: Registered
United States

Recently watched the VMix YT video "vMix Zoom Tutorial- How to add Zoom participants directly in vMix"

So lets say I have a meeting with 50 people. From what I'm understanding from the YT Video, since the raise hand is shown in the input window, for me to be prepared for any one of them to ask a question, I need to have each one as a separate input. So in this example, 50 inputs. This seem like it could get unwieldy for large Zoom meetings.

The workflow I'd like to see is. I have 2-3, Zoom Vmix inputs ( Zoom A, Zoom B, Zoom C).

Let's say 5 folks raise their hand. I assign person #1 to Zoom A, # 2 to Zoom B, #3 to Zoom C. When it's #1's turn,
I take Zoom A to air. When it's #2's turn I take Zoom B. While #2 is on air I assign person #4 to Zoom A. Continue to rotate through as folks raise their hand.

Ideally what I like to see is a producer/call screener window. As folks, "caller", raise their hand
they are added to a queue list. The "producer/call screener", would assign the the "caller" to a Vmix input. When the person finishes question, the next person in the queue would be placed in the next available vmix input.

I'm basing my workflow on what's done in a radio or tv production studio.
spinfold  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2024 4:29:45 PM(UTC)
spinfold

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1.

Also need a way of assigning inputs separately to the software GUI, ie via the API.

Perhaps five new shortcuts:

ZoomInputNext
ZoomInputPrevious
ZoomInoutRaisedHandNext
ZoomInoutRaisedHandPrevious
ZoomInput

The first two would cycle through the guests in the order they joined (same order as shown in the Zoom Manager)

The RaisedHand option would do the same but only for those with hand raised.

The last option would take a free text containing either their name or order number.

All options would also allow you to specify which multiview input to change.