logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Innomedia  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2014 4:14:42 PM(UTC)
Innomedia

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
On Tuesday night we will broadcast the game of the Augsburg Panthers facing the Hamburg Freezers in the professional German Hockey League (DEL). Show will start at 7:25 pm (german time=CET). You can watch worldwide following this link

http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/live/augsburger-panther-hamburg-freezers/277532.html

Production has become a little bit complicated during the last few weeks (7x HD-Cam, 4x slow-motion, live graphics and stats), hopefully everything will turn out well. Enjoy the game...

Regards
Karsten
HighViewSport  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2014 2:50:58 AM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Karsten,

First of all. Congratulations on the quality of your productions. I have actually become a fan of the league from watching your productions.
I'm very impressed.

Can I ask a whole bunch of questions?

What sort of cameras do you use?
Are all the cameras manned or are some remote control?
Is the whole production done with vMix?

Can you give us all a brief overview of your setup like how many staff, replays op, director etc.
Even better can you post some photos of your setup
Also, what sort of comms do you use?

Any other information would be great to helps us.

Best regards and happy holidays.
Bryan
Innomedia  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2014 4:25:25 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

HighViewSport wrote:
Hi Karsten,

First of all. Congratulations on the quality of your productions. I have actually become a fan of the league from watching your productions.
I'm very impressed.

Can I ask a whole bunch of questions?

What sort of cameras do you use?
Are all the cameras manned or are some remote control?
Is the whole production done with vMix?

Can you give us all a brief overview of your setup like how many staff, replays op, director etc.
Even better can you post some photos of your setup
Also, what sort of comms do you use?

Any other information would be great to helps us.

Best regards and happy holidays.
Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I have to disappoint you a little bit. We are not responsible for the productions of the past at "Laola1.TV" in German Hockey League. These games were produced by a national TV-Broadcaster using "traditional stuff".

But now the TV-Station (Laola1) and the Hockey League (DEL) want to launch a new product called "Laola1 Fan-TV" based on the regular Fan-TV of the local sports venues and only available via live-stream. And we (Augsburg Panthers) are one of the first teams providing a complete live broadcast of the game. Of course we pumped up the standard show with some extra cams and graphics to deliver a good program. Our first approach will be tonight at 7:25 pm (CET) and we are well prepared.

If we are successful I will post some more details. If not...(I do not want to think about that)

Merry Christmas
Karsten
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:52:12 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Looking good :)
Innomedia  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 9:15:35 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Update regarding our production on Tuesday night

We had a very successful broadcast, everything went well. At the moment there is no re-live available on laola1.tv (only the game report) but we hope to get the permission for an upload of the whole game. We will keep you informed.

The next days we are off for Christmas and reload our batteries for next match on Friday. There is no live-streaming, only internal production of regular Fan-TV.

Merry Christmas
Karsten
Rinsky  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 12:51:04 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Did you get the permission to post the video? I'm interested in your workflow and setup, can you post some details?
Innomedia  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 6:28:20 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Rinsky wrote:
Did you get the permission to post the video? I'm interested in your workflow and setup, can you post some details?

Hi

Unfortunately the TV station did not allow us to upload our broadcast. Here are some details of our production:

- HP Z420 Workstation, 16GB DDR3, 256GB SSD (Highlights, Slow-Motion), 1TB HDD for recording of program output
- Radeon HD 7970 (3GB)
- Yuan SC510N4-SDI 4-channel capture card (we are reseller of this cards)
- Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI (2 pcs)
- Blackmagic Mini-Monitor (external output for recording main camera including game clock on external DVDs - duty by the league, used for coaches and referees after the game)
- 10-channel hardware mixer for pre-mixing of 7 cameras, 3 cameras plus program brought to our workstation via AUX-Out and Program-Out for highlights, slow-motion and streaming signal
- Audio Mixer with 2 professional commentator headsets for live commentaries
- Notebook for live graphics (custom made application based on Excel and Powerpoint with live access to leagues database), used as upstream key via hardware mixer
- Internal network switch which gives live access to scoreboard data
- 1 live operator (highlights, slow-motion), 1 graphic operator (live graphics, camera selection)
- Finally we put a lot of brain into the whole project to get the best results out of VMIX, sometimes it's tricky but you get almost everything to work with this great piece of software

At least we extracted some pictures from our recording, you can watch them by following this link to our dropbox:
Pictures Live-Stream Ice-Hockey

Complete production was made in Full-HD (1080i50 given by the tv station) and operated by two people, stream was uploaded at 2,5 M/S.

We always try to deliver professional results because it is our business to provide video technology for sports and event venues. VMIX is a great tool to offer affordable solutions at high quality level.

Regards
Karsten
Rinsky  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 1:23:24 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Very nice thanks for the insight!

What cameras did you use for your production?
Innomedia  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:23:47 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

We are using different cameras for different purposes. The two main cameras used for a) wide shot and b) close-ups/zoom are SONY PMW-400 with different Fujinon Optics (16x and 26x) and complete equipment like professional tripods, remote handles, monitors, battery packs and so on (these cameras are not ours). For static use behind or above the goals we use Full-HD surveillance cams with SDI output. And we use prosumer camcorder for interviews after the game and action shots from rink level. The PTZ remote cam is also based on surveillance technology and has 20x optical zoom. Signal transmission to our control room is done by fiber optics (single mode 9/125), there is no delay and no disturbance even at distances greater than 150 metres.

Regards
Karsten
thanks 1 user thanked Innomedia for this useful post.
Rinsky on 1/20/2015(UTC)