logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bounce  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 4:10:53 AM(UTC)
bounce

Groups: Registered
United States

Other than keyboard shortcut assignments, is there a way to trigger a VMIX Shortcut tile from the VMIX companion module? Perhaps with the send command feature? I looked in the API docs and couldn't find anything that would work, unless I looked in the wrong spot.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 4:32:33 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bounce Go to Quoted Post
Other than keyboard shortcut assignments, is there a way to trigger a VMIX Shortcut tile from the VMIX companion module? Perhaps with the send command feature? I looked in the API docs and couldn't find anything that would work, unless I looked in the wrong spot.

Hello. What is your goal? What is the other device you want to do the shortcut? Companion module ui is loaded into browser. So you can do it from any pc browser/mobile phone browser by using the ip address from your pc in your lan following by :8000/tablet
bounce  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 6:02:46 AM(UTC)
bounce

United States

I have a streamdeck XL which is using companion. I have a VMIX package that was already built out by my client complete with shortcut tiles (bottom right corner shortcuts button in VMIX). I want to be able to trigger those shortcuts from the streamdeck and not assign them through the shortcuts settings menu as keypresses. Is there a way to do this through API or some other method. I hope this explains it a little better.
nikosman88  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 6:31:04 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

I have a streamdeck XL which is using companion. I have a VMIX package that was already built out by my client complete with shortcut tiles (bottom right corner shortcuts button in VMIX). I want to be able to trigger those shortcuts from the streamdeck and not assign them through the shortcuts settings menu as keypresses. Is there a way to do this through API or some other method. I hope this explains it a little better.

Ok so you will use the streamdeck. Yes this is possible by using vmix companion module. I assume that you allready know how to create a new button in vmix companion module. Create the button and for any action you need select press actions-->vmix-->vmix: Scripting - Run custom command and in the field it gives you see here vmixapi.com
It gives you the commands in the format for companion action i said. For example for overlay1 an input https://vmixapi.com/?function=OverlayInput1 you have to enter OverlayInput1 Input=My input
There also some commands inside the vmix companion module but for exactly name-command see the site and do your shortcuts as you need
bounce  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 6:43:07 AM(UTC)
bounce

United States

Apologies if I'm not making it understandable, and I'm appreciative of the help, and thank you for explaining scripting...

I'm talking about executing 'existing' shortcuts listed in the four tile link...

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWslGXvNOM8Bdy0RMDgYhbb_XSttpuOPzTraWtwWCVW85tZRG2FVn75a7DS3lHOLGCZZ4&usqp=CAU[/img]

that appear like this...

UserPostedImage

I don't want to have to go through and rescript everything exactly as they had, as it is over 250 presets that control automation to various things inside the project.
nikosman88  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 7:57:03 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Apologies if I'm not making it understandable, and I'm appreciative of the help, and thank you for explaining scripting...

I'm talking about executing 'existing' shortcuts listed in the four tile link...

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWslGXvNOM8Bdy0RMDgYhbb_XSttpuOPzTraWtwWCVW85tZRG2FVn75a7DS3lHOLGCZZ4&usqp=CAU[/img]

that appear like this...

UserPostedImage

I don't want to have to go through and rescript everything exactly as they had, as it is over 250 presets that control automation to various things inside the project.

So you need a way to copy-paste all your shortcuts at once and any shortcut by using different button? I dont think this is possible
Companion and any other 3rd party program is external program and not tied inside in vmix. So the way they work with vmix is the xml file. If we open in a notepad a .vmix file and search for the shortcuts we can see that the way are stored-understand them the program is a bit way different and dont directly compatible copy-paste with other programs.
bounce  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 8:13:22 AM(UTC)
bounce

United States

I don't need to copy and paste all buttons, not all 250+ shortcuts will be used, I just want to put some of the common ones on my companion and whatever command to call the shortcut. Looking from the API it doesn't have this functionality, but maybe by a URL Call perhaps by name? Not sure if this makes sense or not.
nikosman88  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 8:35:11 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

I don't need to copy and paste all buttons, not all 250+ shortcuts will be used, I just want to put some of the common ones on my companion and whatever command to call the shortcut. Looking from the API it doesn't have this functionality, but maybe by a URL Call perhaps by name? Not sure if this makes sense or not.

Vmix can communicate the api with external programms with 2 kinds. One is the url call-->http request and the other is tcp api request. If you go to vmix settings-->webcontroller you will see the last option that says TCP API.
If you go to companion ui-->connections and press the vmix module we see this "Connection Info Companion uses vMix's TCP port (8099). Do NOT enter your Web Controller port, and ensure that the Web Controller is NOT set to 8099 as that will cause a conflict."
So the developer of the module decided to connect with vmix via the tcp protocol. So the way i say to you before is actually the URL call you mention that is transformed and send as tcp. I dont know if the vmix module offers a way to put your shortcut like http://127.0.0.1:8088/api/?Function= but it is same thing
Benish  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2024 6:36:57 AM(UTC)
Benish

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Other than keyboard shortcut assignments, is there a way to trigger a VMIX Shortcut tile from the VMIX companion module? Perhaps with the send command feature? I looked in the API docs and couldn't find anything that would work unless I looked in the wrong spot.

You can trigger a vMix shortcut tile using the 'send command' feature in the vMix Companion module, bypassing the need for keyboard shortcuts. This involves sending an HTTP GET request to vMix's web controller. First, make sure vMix is configured to allow external control. Then, in the Companion module, utilize the 'send command' to craft a URL comprising your vMix IP address, port, and the specific API function correlating with your desired action. After setting this up, test the command to confirm it activates the correct function in vMix. Note that the exact command structure may vary based on your vMix version and setup.
thanks 1 user thanked Benish for this useful post.
rogerone on 1/27/2024(UTC)